The AbbVie Crohn’s & Colitis Scholarship (“contest”) is sponsored by AbbVie. The scholarship is designed to provide financial support for exceptional students living with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), including Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis, as they pursue their higher education goals. Fifteen AbbVie Crohn’s & Colitis Scholars will be selected to receive $15,000 for use during the 2016–2017 school year.
At AbbVie, they have the expertise of a proven pharmaceutical leader and the focus and passion of an entrepreneur and innovator.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must be:
- A United States citizen, or a legal and permanent resident of the United States
- Diagnosed with IBD, Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis by a healthcare professional
- Enrolling in or currently attending an accredited U.S. institution (e.g., college, university, or trade/vocational school) for an education during the 2016–2017 academic year
- Employees of AbbVie and their immediate family members are not eligible.
- Healthcare providers and their immediate family members are not eligible. Patients contracted by AbbVie through Patient Health Perspectives (“SPEAK Network”) are not eligible
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can download the scholarship application form by using the given link:
- Proof of diagnosis form
- Letter of reference
- Transcript or report card confirming current GPA
The candidates can upload the application packet or send it by mail
- You can upload the documents by the given link:
- You can mail the completed application packet at the given address:
Spectrum Science Communications
ATTN: AbbVie Crohn’s & Colitis Scholarship
2001 Pennsylvania Ave NW, 2nd Floor
Washington, DC 20006
Fifteen one-time scholarships of $15,000 per winner will be awarded in 2016.
Applications must be submitted between 11:00 a.m. ET on December 1, 2015 through 11:00 a.m. ET on March 25, 2016.
Link for More Information:
If you have questions about the application process, you can email: info-at-crohnsandcolitisscholarship.com