The American Association for the Improvement of Boxing, Inc. (AAIB) is awarding scholarship to help current or former amateur boxers. The AAIB scholarship is awarded annually to a High School Senior who has accepted by an accredited College or University. The goal of scholarship is to assist each scholarship winner with tuition expenses and associated educational expenses, such as books.
The American Association for the Improvement of Boxing was founded by Rocky Marciano and Stephen B. Acunto. The organization is represented in several states, including Washington, D.C. as an advocate of the sport. Over the decades there have been world-wide publicized injuries and fatalities.
- The applicant must be a current or former amateur boxer in the United States who has been accepted by a bona fide college or university.
- The students must sign a waiver authorizing the school to release records to be reviewed by the scholarship committee.
- The individuals will be evaluated in the following areas:
a.Athletics: Awards, honors, or achievements in the area of athletics.
b. Academics: Awards, honors, or achievements in the area of academics.
c. Community Involvement: Services performed for charitable or other community organizations
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship,
- the candidates can download the application form by the link
- Send this application form to:
The American Association for the Improvement of Boxing, Inc. (AAIB)
c/o Scholarship Committee
86 Fletcher Avenue
Mount Vernon, NY 10552-3319
The scholarship amounts range from as much as $8,000 to $4,000.
The complete application packet must be submitted on or before September 1, 2015.
Link for More Information:
For more information, the candidates can contact the AAIB at (914) 664-4571.