The American Association for Paralegal Education (AAfPE) is pleased to announce the 2016 LEX Scholarship. Schools which have been granted LEX chapters by January 1, 2016 are eligible to have their qualified students apply for these financial awards. AAfPE will award up to five $500 scholarships, for the pursuit of the student’s paralegal education.
Recognizing the need to increase and improve access to the legal system, the American Association for Paralegal Education (AAfPE) promotes quality paralegal education, develops educational standards and encourages professional growth.
- Schools which have been granted LEX chapters by January 1, 2016 are eligible to have their qualified students apply for these financial awards.
- Open to any student who is registered as a full or part time student in a school that has a LEX Chapter may submit an application.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must complete the scholarship application form. That can be downloaded through the given link:
- An essay of 500 to 750 words (two to three doubled spaced typed pages) on the topic selected by the LEX Scholarship Committee. Essays should be written with standard margins and type size; applicants should be aware going over the maximum page and word limits may result in point deductions.
- A completed LEX Scholarship Certification form and Permission to Print form.
- A letter indicating the applicant is a student in good standing from a faculty member, or a signed Good Standing Form.
Application materials must be postmarked to:
AAfPE LEX Scholarship,
19 Mantua Road,
Mt. Royal, NJ 08061
Five students will be selected for scholarship. Each will receive $500.00 award.
Scholarship application is due by January 15, 2016.
Link for More Information:
For more information contact AAfPE at 856-423-2829 or e-mail at info-at-aafpe.org.