The “Sikorsky Helicopter 2050 Challenge” is available only to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia. The candidates should be at least 9 years of age and not older than 16 at time of entry. The object of the Competition is to submit ideas and/or designs for a sustainable and environmentally friendly helicopter of 2050.
The Sikorsky Helicopter 2050 Challenge is a part of Sikorsky’s commitment to encouraging student’s hands-on learning in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). The program also gives an opportunity to develop long-term relationships with tomorrow’s engineers.
To be eligible for the scholarship, the candidates must:
- Legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia
- At least 9 years of age and not older than 16 at time of entry
How to Apply:
The candidates can apply for the contest either on-line or off-line.
1) For applying on-line:
- Fill the application form
- The candidates must attach the Parental Permission Form. The form can be downloaded by the link
2) For applying off-line:
- The candidates can download the application form by the link:
- The completed application form (with accompanying permission form and any supporting attachments) must be mailed to:
Sikorsky Helicopter 2050 Challenge,
c/o BKFK, 1177 High Ridge Rd.,
Stamford, CT 06905.
A $1,000 scholarship will be provided to the winning candidate.
The application deadline is October 15, 2015.
Link for More Information: