The Zildjian family is proud to offer its twelfth annual Kerope Zildjian Scholarship Competition to all undergraduate music students worldwide. The scholarship contest recognizes an outstanding student percussionist, who is currently enrolled in an undergraduate music program. The scholarship is intended to encourage and reward percussionists in their pursuit of performing excellence. A $5000 college tuition award will be given to the deserving candidates.
Zildjian, the global leader in cymbals and specialty percussion instruments, is looking for a couple of individuals to join its manufacturing operations team at the oldest family run business in the United States.
• The Kerope Zildjian Scholarship Competition is open to all undergraduate music students worldwide.
• You must be enrolled for undergraduate full-time study at a college or university for the Fall 2016 semester.
• Previous Kerope Zildjian Scholarship Competition winners are not eligible
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can download application form from the given link:
• Zildjian Scholarship Entry Form and CD contents form. [link]
• Current one page resumes
• Two identical copies of a high-quality CD format recording, not to exceed 15 minutes in total length. Include applicant’s phone number on the CD. Any CD over 15 minutes will not be accepted. Other audio formats will not be accepted. The recording must include the following:
• An advanced snare drum etude or solo of the applicant’s choice.
1. A four-mallet marimba solo of the applicant’s choice – with or without piano accompaniment. Solos with other instrument accompaniment will not be accepted. Vibe solos will also not be accepted.
2. Kerope Zildjian Scholarship Cymbal Etude [link]
The candidates can send all materials to:
2016 Kerope Zildjian Scholarship Competition
Attn: Keith Aleo
22 Longwater Drive
Norwell, MA 02061
The scholarship winner will receive the following:
• A $5000 college tuition award.
• An all expense paid trip to Zildjian’s world headquarters to hand select a variety of complimentary cymbals.
• One year’s membership to the Percussive Arts Society
The complete application packet must be received by Friday June 10th, 2016.
Link for More information:
For more questions and/or additional information, you should contact: Keith Aleo at: keitha-at-zildjian.com