The Dream Project Organization is excited to announce its annual scholarship that is awarded to immigrant students demonstrating academic achievement, leadership, community involvement, and perseverance and persistence in the face of adversity. Current college students and graduating high school seniors are invited to apply. Scholarship amounts are determined based on total number of awards and funds available. The scholarship is a one-year award, but students may reapply to renew their scholarship each year.
The Dream Project is a non-profit organization, designed to encourage and fund qualifying students in their pursuit of a college education. Dream Project emphasizes perseverance in the face of adversity and financial need, academic promise, and commitment to community service.
The Dream Project Scholarship is open to students who:
- Graduated or will graduate from a Virginia high school
- Were born outside of the United States and whose immigration status creates barriers to access and success in college
- Will attend an accredited two- or four-year college or university
How to Apply:
Renewal scholars, current college students and high school seniors can apply on-line for 2016 Dream Project Scholarship.
- Renewal Scholars can apply for Dream Project Scholarship through the given link: http://www.dreamproject-va.org/scholarship-application-renewal/
- Current College Students can apply for Dream Project Scholarship by the given link: http://www.dreamproject-va.org/scholarship-application-college/
- High School Seniors can apply on-line for Dream Project Scholarship by using the following link: http://www.dreamproject-va.org/scholarship-application-high-school/
- Applicants are asked to submit their most recent high school and/or college transcripts along with two letters of recommendation.
- Previous years’ Dream Scholars are allowed to submit a shorter renewal application that demonstrates their good academic standing and their progress toward a degree and may have their interview requirement waived.
Scholarship amounts are determined based on total number of awards and funds available. Past scholarship amounts have been between $1,000 and $2,000.
- Scholarship application deadline is March 1, 2016
- Recommendation deadline is March 15, 2016
Link for More Information: