The American Bar Association is excited to announce The Law Day Art Contest. The contest is open for the students of U.S. in grades 9-12.The annual contest provides a wonderful opportunity to learn about their legal system, justice, get creative and win prizes. The contest can be incorporated into a curriculum, offered as extra credit, or just done for fun. Prizes for the runners-up will be awarded, the value of which will not exceed $250.00 each. Prizes for the winners will be awarded, the value of which will not exceed $750.00 each.
The American Bar Association was founded in 1878. ABA is committed to supporting the legal profession with practical resources for legal professionals while improving the administration of justice, accrediting law schools, establishing model ethical codes, and more
- The Law Day Contest is open to students, student groups, and classes attending a public or private high school, or being home schooled, within the United States and in grades 9-12 or the equivalent.
- All qualified participants under the age of 18 must have their parent or guardian sign the Parental Permission Release Form, and each Entry Form must be signed by an adult.
How to Apply:
- The candidates must submit the entry form. Form can be downloaded through the given link: http://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/administrative/young_lawyers/law_day/lawday2016/aba_lawday_contest_entry_form.docx
- Single submission release form can be downloaded by the link: http://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/administrative/young_lawyers/law_day/lawday2016/single_submission_release.doc
- Group submission release form can be downloaded by: http://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/administrative/young_lawyers/law_day/lawday2016/group_submission_release.doc
- You can download Parental Permission Release Form by the given link: http://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/administrative/young_lawyers/law_day/lawday2016/parental_permission_release.doc
- There are two categories for submissions: Individual and Team. The Team category will consist of two or more students. Create an art piece that highlights the theme “Miranda: More than Words.” Students are encouraged to use their creativity and create art pieces in any medium desired (including, but not limited to, drawings, paintings, films, photographs, graphic novels, comics, etc.).
You can submit a two-dimensional representation of the art piece (photograph, short video clip, scanned image, etc.) by mail, with the completed Entry Form, applicable releases and image to:
ABA YLD Law Day Contest
Attn: Tara Blasingame
AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION
321 North Clark Street, 18th Floor
Chicago, IL 60654
Runners-up for both the individual and team categories will receive prizes with a value not to exceed $250.00 and winners for both the individual and team categories will receive prizes with a value not to exceed $750.00.
Application Deadline is March 31, 2016.
Link for More Information:
If you have any questions or comments in relation to the contest, please contact ABA YLD Office Administrator, Tara Blasingame at Tara.Blasingame-at-americanbar.org.