American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) is pleased to announce the Carrington- Hsia- Nieves Doctoral Scholarship for Midwives of Color. The scholarship is awarded to a CNM/CM of color who is actively enrolled in doctoral or post-doctoral education. The award is supported by A.C.N.M. Foundation’s Midwives of color Scholarship Fund.
The A.C.N.M. Foundation, Inc. was created by members of the American College of Nurse-Midwives in 1967. It was incorporated in New York state for the purposed of advancing the public knowledge and understanding of nurse-midwifery. The unique mission of foundation is to promote excellence in health care for women, infants and families worldwide through the support of midwifery.
- Be a certified nurse-midwife (CNM) or a certified midwife(CM)
- Be a current member of American college of Nurse –Midwise (ACNM)
- Be actively enrolled in a doctoral or post doctoral education program and be a student in good standing
- Self- identify as a person of color
How to apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must submit the completed application form. The form can be downloaded by the link:
The complete application packet can be submitted by mail, fax or email.
- The application packet can be mailed to:
The A.C.N.M. Foundation, Inc
PO BOX 380272
Cambridge, MA 02238-0272
- The application packet can be emailed to: fdn-at-acnm.org
- The application packet can be fax to:
Fax: (617) 876-5822
Telephone: (240) 485-1850
$5000 scholarship amount will be given to the deserving candidate.
The complete application packet must be submitted on or before September 15, 2015
Link for More information: