The University of Birmingham is pleased to offer a “USA Birmingham Postgraduate Scholarship” funded by the University of Birmingham Foundation in the USA (the University of Birmingham USA Foundation). Any postgraduate masters and all subjects’ students (student intending to study in STEM fields are particularly welcome) are eligible to apply for the scholarship. The purpose of the program is to help ensure that fears about finance do not constrain prospective international students from considering study in the UK.The University of Birmingham will worth up to £15,000 towards with the cost of tuition fees.
The mission of the University of Birmingham USA Foundation is to support current and future students at the University, and continue to promote the interests and welfare of the University.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer of a place to study on a Masters (taught or research) program at the University of Birmingham of one year in duration
- Have a valid student ID number
- Be studying full-time and on-campus (not distance learning)
- Be a national of, and currently domiciled in, the USA
- Be classified as overseas for fees purposes
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living for a year at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK
- Be able to pay any outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship
- Not be in receipt of a full scholarship covering all tuition fees from any other source
- Candidate should have an excellent academic background
- The selection panel will only consider applicants attaining a CGPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale or above
- Winning candidates regularly achieve a CGPA of between 3.4-3.8 on a 4.0 scale
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate and evidence excellence – this may comprise an outstanding academic achievement, outstanding extra-curricular achievement/s (such as in a sporting, musical context) or significant achievement gained either in your working life or through volunteering and service to others
How to Apply:
- A link to the online application form is normally sent via email to eligible students in the fall of the preceding academic year
- If a candidate has not received the application link by the scholarship deadline, can submit an online inquiry for the attention of the Student Funding Office (including your full name, University ID number [as provided in your admissions offer letter] and a brief description of your enquiry). Any requests received after the deadline may be declined
- The University of Birmingham also refers to the transcripts, graduation certificates (if available) and references submitted to the University as part of the admissions process
- The online application form includes general questions about the applicant’s academic background and includes short essay-style questions (250 word limit) about academic and extra-curricular achievement
- If you are shortlisted you may be requested to complete additional essay style questions for the College in which you plan to study
- There is no need for applicants to submit any additional supporting documentation to apply for the scholarship
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The University of Birmingham is offering one scholarship worth up to £15,000 towards the cost of tuition fees for an eligible one year Masters (taught or research) program.
- The scholarship is intended to cover tuition fees only and not living expenses.
The scholarship application will close on March 31, 2017, at 12:00 GMT. Successful candidates only will be informed in writing by the end of May.
Link for more Information:
If you have any questions, contact at: calling +44 (0)121 414 7391 or emailed fga-at-contacts.bham.ac.uk.