The National Society of Arts and Letters (NSAL) is offering (2) two scholarships named as “the Naomi Rabb Winston Scholarship in Two-Dimensional Art” and “the Shirley Rabb Winston Scholarship in Classical Voice” in honor of Naomi Winston. The annual scholarships are open to young visual artists between the ages of 16 and 22 and who have demonstrated exceptional talent and promise of future success.The maximum amount awarded to an applicant is $5,000. The scholarship fund can only for private study, for special training or for personal advancement in the applicant’s art medium.
The National Society of Arts and Letters assists promising young artists through competitions, financial assistance, master classes, mentoring, and providing career opportunities.
The applicant must:
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be at least 16 years old, but not older than 22 by February 1, 2017.
- Not be a previous recipient of a Winston Scholarship in Two-Dimensional Art/Classical Voice.
How to Apply:
To applying for both (Art & Voice) scholarships, the candidate can download the application form from the given link:
- Art scholarship: http://arts-nsal.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/4-Art-Application.pdf
- Voice scholarships: http://arts-nsal.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/4-Voice-Application.pdf
- Copies of birth certificates or naturalization papers must be submitted with applications
- For Art scholarship-
- The applicant must submit, on CD or flash drive in jpeg high-quality format, images of five (5) artworks done within the past two years.
- For Voice scholarship-
- Prepare a current, high-quality video of three (3) vocal selections from opera, art song or oratorio.
- Upload the completed video to YouTube. Identify yourself by name only. List your song titles and composers in the description.
Both candidates (Art & Voice) can mail and email their complete applications with a copy of birth certificate and CD or flash drive featuring 5 artworks, prints of the artworks/the link to your uploaded YouTube video to an NSAL Chapter.(See Chapter Contacts for addresses and emails.)
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- NSAL Chapters select students each spring to compete at the national level, where as many as eight to ten scholarships are awarded in varying amounts, up to a maximum amount of $5,000.
- Both scholarships must be used for private study, special training, or personal advancement in the applicant’s art medium or vocal career, this may include workshops, voice teachers, summer programs, etc., but may not include college tuition, housing, or travel.
- Recipients have 15 months to use their scholarships.
- Contestant applications are due to NSAL Chapters by February 1, 2017, and Winston Art scholarship &Voice scholarship recipients to be announced on April 1, 2017
- Art scholarship- Chapters must send the application(s) of their finalist(s) to the National Chair by March 1, 2017.
- Voice scholarship- Chapters must send by mail or email the application(s) of their finalist(s) and YouTube audition information to the National Chair before the deadline of March 1, 2017.
Link for more Information: