NASA John Glenn Research Center (GRC) in Cleveland, Ohio, is accepting applications from full-time, qualified STEM faculty in accredited US colleges and universities, for the summer 2017 NASA Glenn Faculty Fellowship Program (NGFFP), tenured at GRC. Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) and women, under-represented and underserved faculty members are encouraged to apply. Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Full Professor will get ten-week stipends of $14,000, $15,000, and $16,000 respectively.
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is an independent agency of the executive branch of the United States federal government responsible for the civilian space program as well as aeronautics and aerospace research.
Requirements for faculty participation in the NGFFP are:
- U.S. citizenship
- Tenured or tenure-track, full-time STEM faculty at 4-year accredited U.S. colleges and universities, or full-time STEM faculty at 2-year U.S. academic institutions
- Women, underrepresented groups, and persons with disabilities
- Faculty from U.S. Department of Education-designated Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs), namely, Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs), Tribal Colleges Universities (TCUs), and Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institutions (AANAPISIs) are encouraged to apply
- An NGFFP Award is for one summer residency at GRC, with an option for a second-year application.
How to Apply:
For applying the fellowship, the candidates must complete the application form that can be downloaded from the given link: https://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/OEP/NGFFP/2017Application
- Recommendation letters
- Curriculum vitae
For ease of identification and assurance of timely receipt of a completed application, an applicant is advised to insert the following in the E-mail subject line: NGFFP17_Last Name, First Initial
Submit completed application in one of the following ways:
- Email: Mark.D.Kankam-at-nasa.gov
- You can also send a hard copy letter via regular mail to:
Dr. M. David Kankam, University Affairs Officer
NASA Glenn Research Center
21000 Brookpark Rd., Mail Stop 7-4
Cleveland, OH 44135
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The ten-week stipends for Faculty Fellows are as follows:
- Assistant Professor $14,000
- Associate Professor $15,000
- Full Professor $16,000
- A relocation allowance of $1,000.00 will be provided to Fellows whose academic institutions are located more than fifty miles from GRC.
- Faculty Fellows who are provided with relocation allowance will, additionally, receive a round-trip travel allowance of $500.00.
The application period for the 2017 NASA Glenn Faculty Fellowship Program (NGFFP) opens on Monday, December 5, 2016, and closes at 11:59 PM (EST) on Thursday, February 16, 2017.
Link for More Information:
For application questions, contact the OSSI Help Desk at 1-866-419-6297 or e-mail MSFC-DL-HelpdeskMSFC-at-mail.nasa.gov.