The National American Arab Nurses Association (NAANA) has put forward its annual scholarship program for Nursing Study. Applicants, who are engaged in studying nursing at the Associate Degree, Bachelor degree, RN-BSN, or BSN-MSN (Master of Science in Nursing) levels, are welcome to apply. Annually $500 to $1000 scholarships are awarded and the scholarships should be applied toward tuition and/or books in the academic year.
The National American Arab Nurses Association (NAANA) is the premier professional organization and advocate for American-Arab nurses. NAANA acts as an advocate for improved health care in the American-Arab community and as an expert resource for nurses and other health care providers regarding American-Arabs’ health care beliefs and practices.
• Applicants who are engaged in studying nursing at the Associate Degree, Bachelor degree, RN-BSN, or BSN-MSN (Master of Science in Nursing) levels
• Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited nursing program at the time of application, and should be pursuing a nursing program during the year for which the award is made.
• Applicants must be of Arab heritage
• Citizens or permanent residents of the United States
• Must reside within the US or its territories and must be members of NAANA.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can download scholarship application form through the given link:
• Transcripts of all college/university attended. The transcripts may be unofficial or student copies.
• Two letters of recommendation. One must be from a nursing faculty member from the institution in which the student is currently enrolled, the second may be from an individual who has taught or worked with the applicant in a different context who might provide a unique perspective on the applicant.
• A current Curriculum Vita or Resume.
• A one-page essay by the applicant highlighting her/his personal background, career goals, leadership activities, contributions to the health of the Arab American community or plans for doing so upon graduation, and other criteria of the scholarship, and making a case as to why s/he deserves the award. The letter should be prepared in 12-font, single spaced.
• Materials must be submitted electronically as email attachment to: scholarship-at-n-aana.org
• Reference letters are to be sent separately, by deadline, to the same email address
Annually $500 to $1000 scholarships are awarded, depending on the funds available in a given year.
All application materials must be reached NAANA on or before September 30th, 2016.
Link for More Information: