The Scholarship Committee of the Ladies Board of Inova Loudoun Hospital is providing “The Ladies Board Nursing Scholarship” for the applicants who are interested in the profession of nursing. It will be helpful in their further education and will strengthen their leadership skills also. The scholarship is open to those who live in Loudoun County and enrolled in the school of nursing. In 2016-2017, $105,500 was awarded to 55 students. Scholarship ranges from $1,000 to $3,500 amount.
The Ladies Board of Loudoun Hospital Center is a Leesburg-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote goodwill between the Hospital and the community and to raise funds for nursing scholarships, patient services, and special projects.
In order to eligible for consideration for a scholarship, applicants must meet all of the following guidelines:
- Residence or work in Loudoun County.
- Enrollment in an accredited school of nursing. If not currently enrolled in a school of nursing, an acceptance letter is required.
- Completion of 1 semester (9 credits) of nursing school or 30 undergraduate college
Funds are not available for pre-clinical studies.
- Academic performance. Students must have at least a 3.0 cumulative average (or its
equivalent). A transcript is required.
How to Apply:
- To be applying for the scholarship, the candidates are required to complete the scholarship application form. Form can be downloaded from the given link: http://www.ladiesboard.org/ScholarshipApplication2017a.pdf
- Scholarship application forms are available at the Gift Shop at Inova Loudoun Hospital, the office at Loudoun Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Leesburg, twice is Nice Thrift Shop in Leesburg
You must submit a copy of your most recent transcript, show (1) your name, (2) the name of the school and (3) nursing as your major. If not currently a student, submit your most recent transcript from within last 5 years.
You can mail your completed application packet to:
Mrs. Joyce Biesecker,
40782 Woodside Pl.,
Leesburg, VA 20175.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The winning candidates will get scholarship amount range from $1,000 to $3,500.
The application must be submitted on or before Tuesday, April 11, 2017.
Link for More Information:
For all inquiries related to Entrance Exam, and admission process, you can call to Mrs. Joyce Biesecker at 703-777-6357.