Hispanic Annual Salute is offering scholarship program to Hispanic youth who recognize, encourage, and display volunteerism. It provides the student an opportunity to continue his or her education beyond high school. Hispanic Annual Salute highlights outstanding adult and student volunteers throughout Colorado each year. Community leaders come together to select individual winners. Monetary awards of $2,000 college scholarships are awarded to student recipients.
Hispanic Annual Salute continues to enjoy long-standing relationships with many of the state’s most charitable companies. The Hispanic Annual Salute is a rich and rewarding tradition and continues to be a debt-free, all volunteer organization boasting no overhead.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- High school graduate during the academic year 2016-2017 with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Nominees must have performed notable volunteer contribution in the Hispanic community, specifically unpaid volunteer activity (minimum of 240 hours).
- Must reside in Colorado.
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates can download scholarship application through the given link: http://www.hispanicannualsalute.org/wp-content/uploads/2017-Hispanic-Annual-Salute-Scholarship-Application.pdf
- You can also apply online through the given link: http://www.hispanicannualsalute.org/scholarships/application/
- List of community service (must use attached format)
- Name of organization(s)
- Amount of hours volunteered
- Any offices or leadership roles held
- Description of volunteer service
- Essay (Please answer only one question below—a. or b.—maximum 300 words)
- What person or event motivated you to volunteer?
- How do your volunteer activities affect the community?
- Three letters of recommendation
- One from a teacher or school official
- Two from organization(s) with which you have volunteered
- Official high school transcript (copies acceptable) or a signed and dated letter from your guidance counselor stating your GPA and grade level
- Employment or School Activities. Include name of employer/organization/event, position/offices, dates, and hours per week
Mail completed packets. All materials submitted become the property of the Hispanic Annual Salute.
Mail: Hispanic Annual Salute PO Box 40720 Denver, CO 80204
Financial Aid and Award Money:
$2,000 college scholarship will be given to the graduating high school seniors.
Mailed packets must be received by April 28, 2017.
Link for More Information:
Contact Dan Sandos (dcsandos-at-aol.com) or Ray Hurtado (rhurtado-at-danielsfund.org)