The Thunderbird School of Global Management is inviting you to join “Communicating in a Global Context” free online course. The course is intended to give you the knowledge that how cultural differences impact business communication and gain hands-on experience to enhance your international managerial communication skills.
The free online course will cover techniques and methods for handling interpersonal encounters in multicultural environments. The course will start on March 13, 2017.
Course At A Glance
- Length: 6 weeks
- Effort: 10 hours per week
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institution: Thunderbird School of Global Management
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: The course will start on March 13, 2017
- About University: For 70 years, Thunderbird has set the pace for global management education as the premier institution for students, organizations, and professionals looking for an edge in international business. The school has often been called a “mini-United Nations” because of its diverse and inclusive global student body.
- Aim of University: The Thunderbird aimed to educate global leaders who create sustainable prosperity worldwide. They will dramatically grow their positive impact on a world economy in dire need of the global leadership talent.
No specific knowledge or education background is assumed for the free online course.
About This Course
- Benefits: This course uses a dynamic and engaging approach to developing the skills for effective communication in international business settings.The language of the course is English.
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: It is crucial to communicate effectively in negotiations to ensure you achieve your goals. Communication is also important in the business. Effective communication can help to foster a good working relationship between you and your staff, which can, in turn, improve morale and efficiency.
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link to join this free on-line course: https://courses.edx.org/register
Why Take This Course
- Advantage of Course: After completing the course you will understand and master strategies for interpersonal encounters, including conflict resolution, in multicultural environments. Get knowledge to evaluating the impact of cultural differences on managerial communication.
- Certificate: You can pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($249). Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects.
- Models of culture, communication, and cross-cultural communication interactions and how business relationships are impacted
- To develop an empirical understanding of how cultures of the world compare to one another
- To evaluate the impact of cultural differences on managerial communication
- To be an effective communicator in a cross-cultural setting
- Influences of personal and cultural “baggage” on cognitive, affective, and cross-cultural behavioral processes and specific examples of how people communicate in different cultures
Mansour Javidan: He is the Garvin Distinguished Professor and Director of Najafi Global Mindset Institute at Thunderbird School of Global Management at Arizona State University.
No basic knowledge is required for the course.
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you are interested you can also join “Evidence-Based Global Management” free online course.
- You will leave the course with stronger communication skills, knowledge, insights and experiences necessary to be a successful international manager. You will leave the course with stronger communication skills, knowledge, insights and experiences necessary to be a successful international manager.
- Your Certificate provides a detailed transcript of what you’ve learned. This includes how long you spent studying the course and your average test score. The Certificate and transcript give you evidence to show during job or university applications, or appraisals.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link: