The Fisher House Foundation is honored to be involved with the Scholarships for Military Children Program. Applicants must be enrolled or planning to enroll, in a full-time undergraduate degree program at an accredited U.S. college or university. The goal of the scholarship program is to award a minimum of one $2,000 scholarship at each commissary location that receives applications from students who meet all of the eligibility requirements. A total of 700 scholarship grants will be awarded for the school year 2017-18.
Fisher House Foundation, Inc. is established as the national not-for-profit organization to assist in the coordination of private support and encourage public support for the Fisher House program.
- Only dependent unmarried children under age 23 of active military duty personnel, reserve/guard, and retired military members, or survivors of service members who died while on active duty or survivors of individuals who died while receiving retired pay from the military, may apply for a scholarship.
- Dependent children of NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration), Public Health Service, other federal or military related agencies or activities, or DoD civilian employees are not eligible unless they meet the above requirement.
- Applicants must be enrolled or planning to enroll, in a full-time undergraduate degree program at an accredited U.S. college or university in the fall term of 2016.
- Applicants who have earned an undergraduate degree or who are enrolled in a graduate degree program are not eligible.
- High school applicants must have a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 basis) to be eligible to apply.
- College applicants must have a minimum unweighted GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 basis) to be eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
- To be applying, interested candidates can download the application form through the given link: http://www.militaryscholar.org/sfmc/ScholarshipsForMilitaryChildren2017-Official-v1.pdf
- You must submit an essay on of the following topics:
- If you had the chance to have a 30-minute conversation with any person in human history (either living or deceased), who would be the person you choose? Why? What topic would you discuss with this person?
- An essay must be 500 words or less, typewritten or computer-generated, double-spaced, and no longer than 2 pages. Place your name in the upper right-hand corner of each page.
Applicant must include:
- The completed two-page application
- High school applicants: transcript indicating a minimum cumulative
GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- College applicants: transcript indicating a cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5 or above on a 4.0 scale
The application packet must be submitted to one of the following: Commissary Director, her/his designee, Customer Service Desk, or Cashier’s Office at the Commissary of your choice
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The 2017 Scholarships for Military Children Program will award $2,000 non-renewable scholarships. Prior year recipients must reapply to be considered.
Scholarship applications must be received by February 17, 2017.
Link for More Information:
Contact Information: If you have any question, email at: