The Educational Research Center of America (ERCA) is excited to announce Community Contribution Scholarship for students who have recognized a need or problem in their community and have determined a way to address the issue. The competition is open to all high school students who are legal residents of the United States.The mission of the program is “motivates students to explore career pathways relevant to their interests, education, and passion”.TheERCAFoundation is awarding $25,000 to 18 students throughout the country.The top prize will receive a $5,000 scholarship, two runners-up will receive a $2,500 scholarship and 15 students will be award with a $1,000 scholarship for higher education expenses.
The Educational Research Center of America (ERCA), a not-for-profit research organization which is committed to helping high school students and their families by considering the future option for them and career advice.
The community is looking the following criteria for the students, to be considered for the scholarship.
- The project is the student’s original idea that addresses a specific and pressing need in the student’s community
- A student who believes that change starts locally and is passionate about making that change happen
- A true leader who uses his/her unique talents to nurture the project
To be eligible the applicants must:
- Have recognized a need or problem in their community
- Have determined a way to address this need or solve this problem
- Have developed an action plan
- Have implemented the action plan so as to address the need or solve the problem. The action plan must be a unique project developed by the student, not a project developed by an established group of which the student is a member.
- All applicants under the age of eighteen (18) or minors at the time of application must have the permission of at least one (1) of their parents and/or legal guardians to apply.
- By applying, applicants and/or their parents or legal guardians (if such applicants are minors) agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations (“Official Rules”).
- Employees (and their immediate families and household members, whether or not related) of Educational Research Center of America, (ERCA), their parent, subsidiary or affiliated entities, advertising or promotion agencies, are not eligible to apply or win. Void where prohibited.
- Competition is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
How to Apply:
To apply, applicants must complete the official ERCA Community Contribution Scholarship Competition Application (application must be completed and submitted online) through the given link: www.studentresearch.org/scholarship-application/
To be eligible, all applicants must provide
- All required personal information including Parent/Guardian’s full name and permanent address, city, state, zip, phone number, and email address
- Applicant’s full name and permanent address, city, state, zip, phone number, e-mail address
- Name of applicant’s high school, high school graduation year, high school address (including city, state, and zip), high school phone number, name of applicant’s high school guidance counselor
- Applicant’s approximate QPA/GPA average
- Applicant’s school and community activities including work experience
- Any academic, community or school-related honors applicant has received
- The name, addresses, city, state, zip, and phone number of an adult in applicant’s community who is familiar with applicant’s accomplishments and the applicant’s relationship to them. This adult cannot be applicant’s parent/guardian or relative. ERCA may contact this person if applicant is selected as a semi-finalist
- A description – of up to 1,000 words – of the community need the applicant’s project addressed, or the community problem the applicant’s project solved, and the results achieved by the applicant’s project. Descriptions must be the applicant’s original work.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Prizes, Odds of Winning: Eighteen (18) scholarships, totaling $25,000, will be awarded to 18 Finalists/Winners as follows:
- One (1) First Place Award of $5,000
- Two (2) Second Place Awards of $2,500 each
- Fifteen (15) Third Place Awards of $1,000 each
Applications will be accepted from July 27, 2016, through July 26, 2017 (the “Application Period”).
Link for More Information: