Edison International, a parent company of Southern California Edison (SCE), is accepting applications from eligible high school seniors planning to study Science, Technology, Engineering or Math. The Program rewards public and private high school seniors who show potential for a successful college career and have financial need. Edison Scholars is designed to help minority, low-income and under-represented students in the service area pay for college studies in STEM fields, helping them develop skills and knowledge they need to thrive in the workforce of the future. They are looking to award $40,000 scholarships, paid over four years, to 30 high school students.
At Edison International, through their subsidiaries, generate and distribute electric power, and invest in energy services and technologies, including renewable energy.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a current high school senior with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent
- Live or attend a public or private high school in areas serviced by Southern California Edison (SCE) or attend an eligible high school in the designated area surrounding SCE’s San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS). Consult the lists of eligible high schools below.
- Eligible Public High Schools (https://www.scholarsapply.org/uploads/edison/public_school.pdf)
- Eligible Private High Schools (https://www.scholarsapply.org/uploads/edison/private_school.pdf)
- Plan to attend an accredited four-year college or university in the U.S.
- Plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate study in one of these eligible majors for the entire 2017-18 academic year. Check the majors through the link: https://www.scholarsapply.org/uploads/edison/Majors.pdf
- Demonstrate financial need
How to Apply:
Applying for the scholarship, you have to create an account. The Link is: https://www.scholarsapply.org/edisonscholars/login.php?
- Applicants must also upload the following documents with their application:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Transcripts must display student name, school name, grades, and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
- A completed Applicant Appraisal Form. Download it through the given link: https://www.scholarsapply.org/uploads/edison/aa.pdf
- A copy of the family’s most recently filed IRS Form 1040 (first 2 pages) block out all social security numbers.
- A digital head and shoulders photo of the applicant.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Up to thirty (30) awards of $10,000 per year, totaling $40,000 over four years will be granted.
- Awards are renewable for up to three additional years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance and continued full-time enrollment in one of the designated fields of study at a four-year college and continuation of the program by Edison International.
- Awards are for undergraduate study only.
The application must be submitted on or before February 1, 2017.
Link for More Information:
- Email: edisonscholars-at-scholarshipamerica.org
- Phone: 1-507-931-1682 and ask for the Edison Scholars Program