The NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund is delighted to announce the Earl Warren Scholarship to support the careers of law students who are dedicated to advancing the cause of racial justice. The program is open to college graduates who are enrolled in the final year of college/university or enrolled in the first year of law school.Through its scholarship, fellowship, and internship programs, LDF helps students to attend and graduate from many of the nation’s best colleges, universities, and law schools and to develop a lasting commitment to racial justice and public service.LDF’s Earl Warren Scholarship awards are $10,000 per year for three years in a total of $30,000.
The NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc. is America’s premier legal organization fighting for racial justice. LDF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.Through litigation, advocacy, and public education, LDF seeks structural changes to expand democracy, eliminate disparities, and achieve racial justice in a society that fulfills the promise of equality for all Americans.
To eligible, the applicant must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Have a record of academic achievement
- Be a college graduate, enrolled in the final year of college/university or enrolled in the first year of law school.
- Have demonstrate and ongoing commitment to racial justice
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant can download the application through the given link:
- Copy of acceptance letter to law school
- 2 recommendation letters
- Copy of transcript from current college/university (finalists will be required to submit an official transcript)
- 1 essay
- 1 personal statement
- Copy of LSAT score
- Copy of your Student Aid Report [FAFSA]
- Finalists will be required to submit a head and shoulder photograph [passport Size] when notified
The complete application with all supporting documents must be attached in PDF format to one email and sent to scholarships-at-naacpldf.org
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The 75th anniversary of the organization, LDF increased the Earl Warren Scholarship award to $10,000 per year and will select up to five finalists per year.
The applications are must be emailed no later than May 1, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, contact at scholarships-at-naacpldf.org