Are you interested in baseball and want to play a baseball scholarship? You are lucky! The Dixie Boys Baseball, Inc. is now offering Annual Dixie Youth Scholarship. Outstanding high school seniors that at one time participated in a franchised Dixie Boys Baseball, Inc. program and plan to pursue undergraduate studies at a college or university may apply. The main purpose of this program is to provide a recreation outlet for as many boys as possible, with the emphasis being on local league play rather than tournament play.The Dixie Boys Baseball, Incorporated scholarship provides eleven (11) $1,250.00 cash awards annually to the winners.
Dixie Boys Baseball, Inc. continues to encourage and support programs for the training and certification of volunteer coaches. The organization is committed to providing a program that emphasizes the safety and well-being of participants and spectators.
- Outstanding high school seniors that at one time participated in a franchised Dixie Boys Baseball, Inc. program and plan to pursue undergraduate studies at a college or university may apply.
- Dixie Boys Baseball, Inc. programs include Dixie Boys Baseball for boys 13 and 14 years old, Dixie Pre-Majors Baseball for boys 15 – 16 & 17, and Dixie Majors Baseball for boys 15 through 19 years old.
How to Apply:
Candidate must fill out the application form that can be easily downloaded from the given link: http://baseball.dixie.org/Assets/dixie+boys+baseball/pdf/2015+Dixie+Boys+Scholarship+Application.pdf
- One individual picture (sports coat preferred)
- Financial statement may include IRS form
- Letter of recommendation from a school official
- Letter of recommendation from a person other than a relative
- Statement of Participation
- High School Transcript
- Handwritten and Signed Personal Essay
Mail your picture and completed application to:
Attention: Scholarship Committee
c/o: J. Sandy Jones, Commissioner
Dixie Boys Baseball, Inc.
PO Box 8263
Dothan, Alabama 36304
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The Dixie Boys Baseball, Incorporated scholarship provides eleven (11) $1,250.00 cash awards. The scholarship plaque will be presented to a successful candidate at the most appropriate venue. Checks will be mailed to the school upon verification of enrollment.
Applications are taken from January 1st through April 1st each year with the winners being notified by May 1 of each year.
Link for more Information: