The Davidson Institute is awarding scholarships to extraordinary young people of U.S. who are 18 years or under. The Davidson Institute is looking for students whose projects are at, or close to, the college graduate level with a depth of knowledge in their particular area of study. This scholarship is not geared toward students at the novice level. A team of judges will select the most extraordinary applicants to be named Davidson Fellows and determines the level of scholarship be awarded as $50,000, $25,000 or $10,000.
The Davidson Institute a 501(c) 3 private operating foundations, was formed in 1999 and funded by Bob and Jan Davidson. The mission of the foundation is to recognize, nurture and support profoundly intelligent young people and to provide opportunities for them to develop their talents to make a positive difference.
To be eligible for consideration as a Davidson Fellow, applicants must:
- Be 18 or younger as of Oct. 1, 2017.
- Be a U.S. citizen residing in the United States, or a Permanent Resident of the United States residing in the United States, or be stationed overseas due to active U.S. military duty.
- Have completed a significant piece of work in one of the submission categories.
- Be able to demonstrate that the work is his/ her own creation.
- Be able to attend, with at least one parent or guardian, the awards reception in Washington, D.C. (Note: Travel and lodging expenses will be paid by the Institute.)
How to Apply:
- Applying for The Davidson Fellows Scholarship, Interested candidate must register them self through the given link: https://prd.davidsongifted.org/apsaps.aspx?exmrol=102
- There are different categories like STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), Humanities (Music, Literature, and Philosophy) and Outside the Box.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of significant work. Significant work is an accomplishment that experts in the field recognize as meaningful and has the potential to make a positive contribution to society.
Such work may be:
- an exceptionally creative application of existing knowledge
- a new idea with high impact
- an innovative solution with broad-range implications
- an important advancement that can be replicated and built upon
- an interdisciplinary discovery
- a prodigious performance
- another demonstration of extraordinary accomplishment
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The Davidson Fellows Scholarship awards $50,000, $25,000and $10,000 scholarships to extraordinary young people.
The application must be received by February 8, 2017, 11:59 Pacific Time.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at DavidsonFellows-at-DavidsonGifted.org.