The Arnold and Mabel Beckman Foundation is pleased to announce Arnold O. Beckman Postdoctoral Fellows Award Program. It supports postdoctoral scholars with the highest potential for success in an independent academic career in chemistry and the life sciences. The individuals are expected to become the next generation of leaders and innovators in science, engineering, and technology. Fellows will be appointed for two years, with the possibility of renewal for a third and final year and the award amount will range from $63,300 – $77,000.
The Arnold and Mabel Beckman Foundation provides grants to researchers and non-profit research institutions in chemistry and life sciences to promote scientific discoveries, and particularly to foster the invention of methods, instruments, and materials that will open up new avenues of research.
Criteria for applicants at time of application:
- At a U.S. college, university or institution which offers postdoctoral fellowships and holds a 501(c)(3), or similarly qualifying, IRS designation
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Granted/conferred Ph.D., MD, or MD/Ph.D.
- May be eligible for a tenure-track position at a scientific research institution at the end of the Arnold O.
Criteria for Sponsoring Mentor at time of application:
- Ph.D., MD, or MD/Ph.D. and
- Full-time tenured or tenure-track and
- Active investigator in the Applicant’s area of research and
- Mentors may only sponsor one applicant for consideration
How to Apply:
To submit an Application, you have to set up an account with the Online Grant System to complete the application and see the full list of required documents (link in the page). Once you’ve created an account, proceed to the Arnold O. Beckman Postdoc Application.
The award amount will range from $63,300 – $77,000, based upon years of postdoctoral research experience, with 75% of the award going towards the stipend, and 25% used towards research expenditures.
You can submit the complete application packet no later than September 19, 2016.
Link for More Information:
If you have questions, contact the Program Administrator: