The Army Nurse Corps Association (ANCA) is accepting the application for its “ANCA Scholarship Program”. The program is open to nursing students who are enrolled in colleges and universities. Its purpose is to support the nursing education to worthy students who are US citizens in an accredited program in baccalaureate or graduate nursing, anesthesia, or related healthcare field. Winning candidates will get up to $3,000 by association.
The Army Nurse Corps Association was established as a private, non-profit organization. In 2000, the name was changed to the “Army Nurse Corps Association” (ANCA)to better reflect the membership composition of retired and active duty members from both the active and reserve components.
To be eligible, the candidate must be:
- Students currently enrolled in an accredited baccalaureate or advanced degree program in nursing, nurse anesthesia, or related healthcare field who:
- Are serving or have previously served in any branch, and at any rank, of a component of the US Army (Active Army, Army National Guard, and Army Reserve)
- Are not currently receiving funding by a component of the US Army, (e.g., scholarship ROTC students and students receiving full GI Bill benefits are not eligible)
- As applicable, have received an Honorable Discharge.
- Nursing or anesthesia students whose parent(s), spouse, or child(ren) is serving or has served in a component of the US Army.
- Students may include generic Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), RN to BSN, accelerated nursing degree programs, Master’s degree in Nursing (MSN) or anesthesia and doctoral programs in nursing.
- Nurses may also pursue a graduate degree in the related healthcare field (such as Public Health), however, the applicant must clearly outline how this degree furthers his/her nursing career.
How to Apply:
To apply, the candidates can download the application from the given link:
- Letter of recommendation from Academic Advisor/Dean, School of Nursing or Nurse Anesthesia Program
- School financial information form
- College transcripts
- Documentation of affiliation with the U.S. Army
- Additional letter of recommendation
Candidates can submit their complete application with all documents addressed or send by email to:
- Mailed to: Army Nurse Corps Association Scholarship Program, PO Box 458, Lisbon, MD 21765
- Email to: ANCA-at-umfamily.net
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The 2017 ANCA scholarships will be $3,000 per selected applicant. Scholarship funds are sent to the school to be managed for the student, not sent directly to the student.
The applications must be received on the 2017 form below by March 31, 2017, and will be reviewed by the ANCA Education Committee.
Link for more Information:
If you have any question you can send a query to:
ANCA Scholarship Program, PO Box 458, Lisbon, MD 21765-0458