The AFCEA Educational Foundation is pleased to announce the Ralph W. Shrader Diversity Scholarship & STEM Majors Scholarship for Graduate Diversity Students.The program is open to full-time graduate students (women and minority students) who are enrolled in their second semester. The purpose of the foundation is to provide incentives, opportunities, and assistance to people engaged in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines. The foundation will award $3,000 scholarship to the winning candidates.
The AFCEA Educational Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing educational incentives, opportunities, and assistance for people engaged in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines focused on information technology, cybersecurity, telecommunications and electronics supporting the defense, homeland security, and intelligence communities.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants.
- Full-time students (women and minority students), enrolled in their second semester and at least two semester-equivalent courses) currently pursuing a graduate degree at any accredited academic institution in the United States
- Must currently be enrolled in their second semester and at least two semester-equivalent courses per semester at an accredited college or university (HBCU or non-HBCU) in the United States at the time of application
- A current overall GPA of 3.5 or higher at the time of application
- Candidates must major in the following fields: Biometry/Biometrics, Computer Engineering, Computer Forensics Science, Computer Programming, Computer Science, Computer Systems, Cybersecurity, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Geospatial Science, Information Science, Information Technology, Information Resource Management, Intelligence, Mathematics, Network Engineering, Network Security, Operations Research, Physics, Robotics Engineering, Robotics Technology, Statistics, Strategic Intelligence, or Telecommunications Engineering
- Expected graduation date cannot be in the year the scholarship is awarded.
How to Apply:
To be applying, the candidate can submit an on-line application through the given link:
- Current transcript issued by the school Registrar’s Office.
- Two letters of recommendation required from faculty in the major of study.
- Graduate students are required to submit a resume.
- At least one letter must be from a current professor in your field of study.
- If military, one letter can be from your commanding officer.
- If the military veteran or active duty, a copy of the DD214 will be required.
- Letters are preferably submitted via our on-line form (instructions will be sent via an automated email to endorsers) and addressed to:
AFCEA Educational Foundation
4400 Fair Lakes Court
Fairfax, VA 22033
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate work issued by the registrar’s office, electronic submission preferred to email: edfoundation-at-afcea.org.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
For the 2016-2017 academic year, the AFCEA Educational Foundation will worth $3,000. Scholarships can only be used for educational purposes towards tuition, mandatory fees, and books. All award checks are written to the university or college to be deposited into student’s account.
The deadline for the STEM Scholarship application is April 15, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, contact toAFCEA Educational Foundation at mail: 4400 Fair Lakes Court, Fairfax, VA 22033, phone: (703) 631-6147 or e-mail: edfoundation-at-afcea.org