The Family Art Project at Wave Hill is pleased to accept proposals for Visiting Artists to develop and lead weekend, nature-based art workshops for families. They are seeking proposals with seasonal, environmental, or ecological themes, and/or communal programs that educate through group collaborations or outdoor experiences. The goal of fellowship program is to develop the skills and professional credit needed to establish a successful career in art. The fellowship provides emerging artists from culturally diverse backgrounds valuable mentorship opportunities.
The mission of Wave Hill is to celebrate the artistry and legacy of its gardens and landscapes, to preserve its magnificent views, and to explore human connections to the natural world through programs in horticulture, education, and the arts.
For this fellowship, we are seeking artists who:
- Are emerging artists 30 years of age or younger (born in 1986 or later)
- Are from underrepresented communities and/or culturally diverse backgrounds
- Live in one of the five boroughs of New York City
- Have completed college and are not enrolled in a degree-granting program in 2016
- Demonstrate artistic and career potential
- Are not represented by a commercial gallery and
- Are available to participate in the Winter Workspace and Sunroom Project Space
How to Apply:
To be considered for a fellowship, the candidates must login themselves by the given link. After login, they can complete the on-line application form.
- Artist Statement
- Letter of professional reference
- Up to 10 work samples
Each Van Lier Fellow will receive a stipend of $7,000.
Link for More Information:
If you have any questions, you can mail at: visualarts-at-wavehill.org or call at 718-549-3200 x213.