Veterans United Foundation is now accepting the application from associate’s, bachelor’s, and graduate, post-graduate or doctoral degree students through its Scholarship Program. They strongly believe in supporting their communities, military, and families. The scholarship creates opportunities for family members of service members to achieve their educational dreams. They will award three scholarships to eligible recipients for up to $20,000 each.
The Veterans United Foundation is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization, fueled by financial contributions from the employees who work for Veterans United Home Loans. The Foundation is dedicated to making a meaningful difference in the lives of veterans and service members, for employees and their families, and in local communities served by Veterans United.
To be eligible for this scholarship award, applicants must be:
- A surviving spouse or child of a deceased Veteran of the U.S. Military
- Currently enrolled or planning to enroll in a college or university by the fall semester of 2016
- Pursuing an associate’s, bachelor’s, graduate, post-graduate or doctoral degree
- Comfortable with sharing personal stories and aspirations with Veterans United Foundation
- Willing and able to provide the following within 1-2 days of requests made by staff of Veterans United Foundation:
- Deceased parent or spouse’s military documents (DD214 and death certificate / or DD1300)
- Full FAFSA submission
- Proof of enrollment from your accredited college or university
How to Apply:
The candidates can apply on-line through the given link, to be entered in the scholarship program:
The candidates are required to upload the following:
- A typed essay telling your story, how losing your spouse or parent has affected you, explaining who you are, where your life has taken you and what you hope to pursue through your college education and beyond.
- Release Form
Financial aid and Award Money:
In spring 2016, Veterans United Foundation will award up to three (3) scholarships to eligible recipients. Each award is for up to $20,000 and is nonrenewable.
Application period starts on September 28, 2016, at 8 a.m. CST and the application link will close on Friday, October 28, 2016, at 5 p.m. Central Time.
Link for More Information: