If you are interested in history course and wish a scholarship, you’re at the right place. The College of Liberal and Fine Arts (COLFA) of the University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) is providing “Nau Undergraduate Scholarship”. The program is open to current undergraduate students who are enrolled in the UTSA History program. The mission of the program is to meet the needs of the diverse population of Texas through quality research and creative work, exemplary teaching, and professional contributions to the community. The 6-12 winners will be selected and each will get awards of $5,000 to $10,000 for the academic year 2017-2018.
The core values of the College of Liberal and Fine Arts are access and excellence. The University of Texas at San Antonio is an emerging tier one research institution with nearly 29,000 students. It is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region.
- Recipients must be enrolled full-time (15 hours) during the fall semester of the award year.
- Recipients may be enrolled in fewer than 15 hours in the spring semester only if they are graduating in the spring and need fewer than 15 hours to graduate.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or have at least a 3.5 in the last thirty hours completed.
- Students must be a junior (minimum 75 hours completed) at the time of application and currently, be enrolled in or have completed HIS 2003 Historical Methods (earning no lower than a B-).
- Recipients must enroll in “Seminar in History” (HIS 4973) during award year or have completed the course prior to the start of the award year.
How to Apply:
To apply, the candidate can create an account for the Nau Undergraduate Scholarship, the link is given blow:
- A brief essay (700 words or less) discussing a book you have read in a college-level History course that has shaped your understanding of the past and inspired your interest in history.
- Writing sample of your academic work in History (e.g. book review, historiographic essay, research paper)
- 1-2 Letters of recommendation from UTSA History faculty (transfer students may use a faculty member from a previously attended college or university)
Financial Aid and Award Money:
6-12 students will be selected as Nau Scholars to receive awards of $5,000 to $10,000 each for the academic year 2017-2018. Recipients will also be eligible for in-state tuition.
The deadline for the applications is March 01, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST (Midnight)
Link for more Information:
If candidate have any question, contact to Dr. Patrick Kelly, patrick.kelly-at-utsa.edu