The Anthem Foundation is pleased to announce its UNCF/Anthem Corporate Scholars Program to college juniors. The program is a nationwide workforce initiative that creates career opportunities for minority students. The foundation promotes the inherent commitment of Anthem, Inc. to enhance the health and well-being of individuals and families in communities that Anthem, Inc. and its affiliated health plans serve. By the Anthem Foundation, winning candidates will receive need-based scholarships up to $5000 for the 2017-2018 academic year.
The Anthem Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Anthem, Inc. and through charitable contributions and programs, since its establishment, the foundation has granted more than $165 million in grants to organizations that support our Healthy Generations program.
To be eligible, candidates must meet all the following criteria:
- Students must possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better
- Students must be a junior at a 4- year accredited college/university during the application and interview process.
- Students must major in business, communications, marketing, finance, computer science, information systems and management information systems and computer technology.
- Students must be an underrepresented minority student have the ability to accept an internship position in the following areas – housing and transportation are not provided:
- Woodland Hills and Thousand Oaks-California, Business (sales interest)
- Richmond and Virginia Beach- Virginia, Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems
- Atlanta- Georgia (Georgia Tech Area), Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems
- Atlanta – Georgia (Buckhead), Business (Sales Interest)
- Louis- Missouri, Business (Sales Interest)
- Albany -New York, Business (Sales Interest)
- Students must possess strong analytical problem solving, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Students must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook) and social media platforms
How to Apply:
In order to apply, candidate can create an account through the given link: https://scholarships.uncf.org/Account/LogOn
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The program will provide scholarships up to $5000 (based on need) for the 2017-2018 academic year, paid for by the Anthem Foundation, for qualified students based on the eligibility requirements.
The application will be closed on February 17, 2017, at 11:59 PmEST.
Link for more Information:
If you have any question, contact at crystal.terry-at-uncf.org