Together We Rise Organization is seeking 10 aging out foster youth between the ages of 17-23 years to join Family Fellowship Program. Graduated from high school or currently be a high school senior with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher can apply for the fellowship program. The main objective of the fellowship program is to offer family-like financial and emotional support to college-bound, “aging out” foster youth. The fellowship program support school supplies, – academic assistance/tutoring, and tuition support for up to five years. They invest up to $90,000 per student.
Together We Rise is a non-profit organization dedicated to transforming the way kids experience foster care in America.
The Family Fellowship will be strategically awarded to applicants who:
- Have graduated from high school or currently be a high school senior with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Have been in foster care while living in the United States.
- Have been in public or private foster care for the 12 consecutive months leading up to and including their 18th birthday or have been adopted or placed into legal guardianship from foster care after their 13th birthday; OR they have been orphaned for at least one year at the time of their 18th birthday.
- Have been accepted into or expect to be accepted into an accredited, Pell-eligible college or other post-secondary school (ex: trade school, cosmetology school, etc.).
- S. Citizenship required.
- MUST be living in Colorado, Maryland, Virginia or Washington Dc. You may attend school out of state.
How to Apply:
To be applying for the fellowship, the candidates must download the application form through the given link: https://www.togetherwerise.org/family.pdf
You must submit the following documents for consideration:
- Family Fellowship application page.
- Proof of ward of the court, adoption, or guardianship.
- Two letters of recommendation. These letters can come from teachers, caseworkers, counselors etc. School photo.
- Signed Statement of Accuracy
- Official sealed high school transcript (must have a minimum of a 2.5 cumulative GPA). If you are currently a college student, please provide your official sealed college transcripts in addition to your official sealed high school transcript.
Mail application and all supplemental materials in one envelope to:
Together We Rise
580 W. Lambert Rd. Suite A
Brea, CA 92821
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The fellowship program offers the following financial support for up to five years. They invest up to $90,000 per student.
- Tuition support
- Housing allowance
- School supplies
- Dorm supplies
- Academic assistance/Tutoring
All application must be received on, or before, May 1, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Zach at zb-at-togetherwerise.org or you can call our office at (714)-784-6760.