Brockport Custom Carpet and the Hage Family, is sponsoring the Thomas and Helen Hage Memorial Scholarship. The Brockport Custom Carpet/Hage Family Scholarship is given for the first time this year to a Section V Boys’ Varsity Basketball player who has demonstrated financial need and the ability to overcome adversity. One-time cash award of $500 will be given to the winning candidate, which may be paid directly to the college of the recipient’s choice or established as an open account at the college’s bookstore for books or other defined school supplies.
By Brockport Custom Carpet and the Hage Family with the Section V Boys’ Basketball Committee donated the Brockport Custom Carpet/Hage Family Scholarship.
The winner of the award will be the applicant who best proves himself in each of the following requirements for the award:
- Must be a member of his high school’s senior class and complete all graduation requirements in June.
- Academic Achievement: The applicant must have achieved a minimum of a 70% average in all academic courses, as evidenced in a letter from his school counselor which states his current cumulative average of his 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th-grade
- Athletic Participation: The applicant must be a member of his school’s Varsity basketball squad at least in his senior year and request a letter of recommendation from his Varsity Coach.
- Applicant must have been involved in other school activities and represent his school well both on and off the court.
- Applicant must be planning to attend a two or four-year school, with a declared goal of career ambition.
- Applicant must make a valid declaration of financial hardship as a result of adversity in the family. Such adversity could be, but is not limited to, any of the following: Death of a parent, loss of income through a parent’s loss of employment, natural disaster, such as loss of home due to fire. The adversity can be addressed in the application for the scholarship.
How to Apply:
To applying, acandidate can download the application form from the given link:
- Letter of recommendation: inform your counselor that his/her letter of recommendation should not only be an honest perception of your worthiness but should also include your current cumulative average and class standing.
- Both your coach and your counselor should give you a sealed envelope with their respective signatures written over the seal of the envelope.
These two envelopes and your written application in a larger mailing envelope and mail it to the address below:
Section V Boys’ Basketball Committee
2016-2017 Scholarship Application
45 Mill Street
Spencerport, NY 14559
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Sponsored by Brockport Custom Carpet and the Hage Family, is a one-time cash award of $500, which may be paid directly to the college of the recipient’s choice or established as an open account at the college’s bookstore for books or other defined school supplies.
- The application must be received no later than February 20, 2017.
- The winner of the award will be notified by phone and the Scholarship will be presented during the 2017 Sectional Tournament. Date and Time: TBA
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, feel free and contact atpkabel-at-frontiernet.net