The StepUp to Higher Education has put forward “Regents’ Scholarship Program” for Utah high school students to prepare for college academically and financially by taking a core course of study and saving for college. The Regents’ Scholarship is “stackable” with other scholarships, which means you can use it alongside other scholarships you earn to help you pay for college. The three awards of the scholarship as Base Award ($1000), Exemplary Academic Achievement Award ($1250) and Utah Educational Savings Plan Supplemental Award ($400) will be given to the deserving candidates.
The StepUp to Higher Education social awareness campaign encourages all Utah students to dream big about their futures. The StepUp to Higher Education campaign is administered by the Utah System of Higher Education.
To be eligible for the Regents’ Scholarship, you must:
• Be a United States Citizen or a non-citizen eligible for federal student aid.
• You cannot have a criminal record, except for misdemeanor traffic citation.
• You must enroll in 15 credits at an eligible Utah college or university for the fall semester immediately following high school graduation, or receive an approved deferment.
How to Apply:
1. A complete application includes two parts:
• Online application
• Required supporting documents. More specific instructions on how to apply for the scholarship will be on www.regentsscholarship.org when the application becomes available in mid-November.
2. The Regents’ Scholarship application for the high school graduating class of 2017 will be available on November 15, 2016.
Awards are as follows:
• Base Award (up to $1,000, one-time payment)
• Exemplary Academic Achievement Award (up to $1,250 per semester, for up to four semesters, based on performance)
• Utah Educational Savings Plan Supplemental Award (max. value $400)
The priority deadline for submitting a complete application is December 9, 2016. The final deadline for submitting a complete application is February 1, 2017.
Link for More information:
If you have any question, you can call at 801-321-7159