The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is seeking outstanding high school seniors who demonstrate evidence of experience, motivation and commitment toward the ideals of the Levine Scholars Program. The program creates a comprehensive undergraduate experience that integrates classroom, extracurricular, community engagement and leadership opportunities over a four-year period. It awards scholarships to approximately 20 incoming freshmen each year. The total value of this four-year package is estimated at $105,000 for in-state students and $155,000 for out-of-state students.
UNC Charlotte is committed to being an economic development partner in the Charlotte region. Their goal is to help them be successful as they continue investing capital and hiring people in the Charlotte region.
- Students must be applicants for freshman enrollment at UNC Charlotte in a baccalaureate program for the fall term immediately following their high school graduation. Students must be admitted to UNC Charlotte to receive a Levine Scholarship.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Students must demonstrate a commitment to community service, hold an academic record that reflects a sustained passion for knowledge, and possess a capacity for ethical leadership that elevates fellow students to a higher standard.
- While there are no minimum SAT, ACT or grade point averages to apply for the Levine Scholarship, students must excel academically. Successful candidates will likely have a grade point average of 3.8 – 4.0 (unweighted) and score 1900 – 2400 on the three combined sections of the old SAT or a 29 – 36 on the ACT composite.
How to Apply:
If you are nominated for the Levine Scholarship in the fall of your senior year, you will also complete the Levine supplemental application through this portal. To create your Future 49er account, you can click on the given link:
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The Levine Scholars Program awards scholarships to approximately 20 incoming freshmen each year. The total value of this four-year package is estimated at $105,000 for in-state students and $155,000 for out-of-state students.
- A four-year scholarship including full tuition, room, board and mandatory fees
- Four summers of experiences to develop leadership strengths and social awareness
- Access to an $8,000 service grant to support the Scholar’s work in the community
- Special lectures conducted by national and community leaders
- As members of the Honors College, Levine Scholars will be given the opportunity to enroll in honors courses, live in the honors residence hall and complete a senior honors thesis as they progress toward graduation with honors distinction.
- A dedicated faculty member will work individually with each Scholar to tailor his or her summer enrichment experiences, community service opportunities and leadership experiences.
- Mentoring relationships with civic and business leaders in the Charlotte community
Interested students must receive a nomination from their high school counselor before they can access the application for the Levine Scholars Program. High school counselors can submit nominations online starting on August 25, 2016. Nominations will be accepted until October 15, 2016.
Link for More Information: