The Jay Kennedy Memorial Scholarship is available to the students who are a 4-year college in the United States, Canada or Mexico. The applications will be judged by the National Cartoonists Society Foundation (NCSF) and the number of scholarships and their amounts will be made at the judgment of the NCSF.
The annual Jay Kennedy Scholarship was created in memory of the late King Features editor. It was funded by an initial $100,000 grant from the Hearst Foundation/King Features Syndicate and additional generous donations from Jerry Scott, Jim Borgman, Patrick McDonnell and many other prominent cartoonists.
The applicants must follow the given criteria:
- Applicants must be students at a 4-year college in the United States, Canada or Mexico who will be a Junior or Senior during the 2016-2017 academic year
- Applicants do not have to be art majors to be eligible for this scholarship
How to Apply:
To be applying for the scholarship, the candidates must fill the application form. The form can be downloaded by the link:
- The applicants must submit Only 8 examples of your own cartooning artwork.
- Put all 8 examples onto a CD and print out paper copies (For the CD, make sure your files are high resolution – no more than 300 dpi, 8.5×11)
- No originals are accepted
The application form can be submitted to:
THE JAY KENNEDY MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
National Cartoonists Society Foundation
PO Box 592927
Orlando FL 32859-2927
The number of scholarships and their amounts will be considered by NCSF.
The application packet must be postmarked by December 15, 2015.
Link for More Information: