TD Ameritrade is offering scholarships and grants to promote career in financial planning . Twelve $5,000 scholarships are available to deserving and talented students. The scholarships may be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for course load. Application deadline for scholarship application is May 31, 2016. Scholarships will be announced in early- to mid-July.
TD Ameritrade Institutional provides comprehensive brokerage and custody services to more than 4,000 fee-based, independent registered investment advisors (RIAs).
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for one of the ten general scholarships:
- Be a current college freshman, sophomore or junior
- Have maintained a satisfactory academic standing
- Be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in financial planning at an accredited 4-year college or university
Diversity Scholarship Eligibility:
In addition to meeting the criteria listed above, members of under-represented groups, listed below, may choose to apply for one of the two Diversity Scholarships:
- Black or African-American
- Hispanic or Latino
- American Indian or Alaska Native
- Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
What are the selection criteria?
An independent selection committee will evaluate the applications and select the recipients considering:
- Online application that can be accessed by the given link: https://aim.applyists.net/Account/LogOn?ReturnUrl=%2fTDAmeritradeScholarship
- School transcript
- Essay that speaks to your reason for wanting to join the financial planning profession. For the Diversity Scholarships, they recommend addressing why diversity is important to the profession.
- Letter of reference from a personal or academic contact. i.e.: coach, current or former employer, or professor Decisions of the selection committees are final and are not subject to appeal. No application feedback will be given.
In addition to scholarships, two grants will be awarded to universities that demonstrate a commitment to educating the industry’s future financial professionals. One $50,000 grant to a university with an established program and one $25,000 grant to a university with an emerging program.
When is the application period?
April 11 through May 31, 2016.
When is the recommendation deadline?
May 31, 2016.
Link for More Information:
For additional information regarding the scholarship program, you can call toll free 855-670-ISTS (4787).