Targeting Excellence Scholarships will be awarded by a scholarship committee comprised of national BOD members and regional leaders involved in food animal production. The scholarship will be awarded to undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in an agricultural curriculum at an institution that offers degrees in agriculture. Scholarship awarded to the student will reflect the interest of contributors and participants of the fund-raising events. A total of $165,000-$175,000 will be awarded.
Targeting Excellence Inc. is a nonprofit organization founded in 2013 works to provide associate, undergraduate or graduate scholarship. It’s mission to sponsor events that bring together professional leaders of agricultural businesses, production systems, and institutions of higher education – with students – for the purpose of building personal relationships, exchanging ideas, and improving communications while raising funds for scholarships.
The eligibility criteria are given below:
- Applicant must be accepted or enrolled in a College of Agriculture which offers courses in food animal production.
- Applicant must be enrolled in classes effective September 1.
- Applicant must have a strong desire to pursue a career, upon graduation, in some aspect of food animal production.
- Preference will be given to students who attend schools in regions where fundraising events were held. The preference regions for 2017 awards are Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.
- Additional consideration will be given to students who previously attended a Targeting Excellence event.
How to Apply:
- Candidates need to be applied firstly to the scholarship program, For applying you must download the application form through the given link: http://targetingexcellence.org/scholarship-application/
- The candidates must also write two essays, both of the following essays are required in order to submit an application
- How will the VFD as it pertains to the use of antibiotics in food animal production impact producers and the perception of our industry by consumers? (1000 words or less)
- Personal Statement of Career Goals (500 words or less)
All applicants need to submit the following documents for consideration:
- You will need the first name, last name, email address, and either university or company name for 2 references to include on your application. 1 reference must be one of your food animal agriculture professors and the other reference can either be another professor or an industry professional. You will not be able to submit your application without including this information. You do not need a reference letter prior to submitting your application. References will not be contacted unless there is a question about your qualifications to receive a Targeting Excellence scholarship
- A digital copy of your official transcripts or unofficial transcripts. If an official or unofficial transcripts are not available a screen shot of your student portal showing GPA, Test Scores, and other key enrollment information is allowed. Any documentation you submit should clearly show your name and school. Ideally, the documentation should also include a date on it. Only .jpg, .gif, .png, or .pdf file formats will be accepted.
- A digital copy of applicant’s resume if he or she wishes to submit it as part of the application (optional). Only .jpg, .gif, .png, or .pdf file formats will be accepted.
- Applicant may submit 1 additional supporting document/file (optional). Only .jpg, .gif, .png, or .pdf file formats will be accepted. The applicant may not use this option to submit the essays for the application. The only essays considered for the application are the ones included in the essay fields/boxes on the application.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
A total of $165,000-$175,000 will be awarded in 2017 Scholarship amounts will be based on the program in which the student is enrolled:
- $1000 for 2 Year Programs
- $2000 for 4 Year Programs
- $3000 for Graduate and Veterinary Programs
Applications for the scholarship program will be accepted until March 31, 2017.
Link for More Information: