Entries are now being accepted for the 7th Annual Space Foundation International Student Art Contest. Each year, the Space Foundation International Student Art Contest invites students, ages 3 – 18, from around the world to submit original artwork based on a space-oriented theme. The contest is created with the purpose of encouraging student’s interest in art and space. They are awarding a total of twenty-five (25) prizes to the winning candidates and each prize consists of $50.00 USD.
The Space Foundation is the foremost advocate for all sectors of space. The mission of Foundation is to advance space-related endeavors to inspire, enable and propel humanity.
To be eligible to participate in the Space Foundation’s Seventh Annual International Student Art Contest, you must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be under the age of eighteen (18) and
- Have a teacher (“Teacher”) or parent/legal guardian (“Guardian”) who is over eighteen (18) years of age, and will provide parental consent to enter the Contest and grant the rights set forth herein.
- Employees of Sponsor or its affiliates, advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of this Contest, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, prize suppliers, any other person or entity associated with Contest and/or members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter the Contest.
How to Apply:
To enter the Contest, you must register through the given link: https://art.spacefoundation.org/user/login and complete the following steps:
• If a Teacher of an Eligible Participant:
- Obtain any necessary approvals from your school’s authorities and administrators. Under no circumstances will Sponsor be liable for Teacher’s failure to consult its school’s authorities and administrators or for failing to obtain the necessary permission(s).
- Obtain permission from the Guardian of the Eligible Participant. Under no circumstances will Sponsor be liable for any errors, omissions, or negligence of a Teacher while managing Guardian permissions.
- Access the Contest at art.spacefoundation.org (the “Web Site”).
- Register for the Contest by providing your name and contact information, including e-mail address, and the Eligible Participant’s name, age, and location. Once registered, Teacher may use its registration information and password to enter the Eligible Participant’s submission in the form of artwork (collectively “Entry” or “Entry Information”).
• If a Guardian of an Eligible Participant:
- Access the Contest Web Site.
- Complete and submit the electronic parental permission form;
- Register for the Contest by providing your name and contact information, including e-mail address, and the Eligible Participant’s name, age, and location. Once registered, the Guardian may use its registration information and password to enter the Entry Information.
- Depict the Eligible Participant’s interpretation of the theme, “Space Through My Eyes…” (The “Theme”)
- Be an original work of art in any of the following media/formats: drawing, painting, mixed-media or digital
- Ideally be of an original artwork size of 18” x 24”, but required to be no smaller than 11” x 17” and no larger than 18”x 24.”
- Be uploaded to the Web Site in high-resolution (300dpi) digital format using either of the file types: .jpg or .png
- Have a minimum resolution of at least 2400 pixels x 2400 pixels
- Have a maximum size of no more than 10 MB
- Not contain copyrighted material
- Not contain threatening, offensive, or abusive material
A total of twenty-five (25) prizes (each a “Prize”) will be awarded consisting of:
- Space Achievement Prize: up to fifty dollars ($50.00 USD)
- First Place Prizes: Eight (8) First Place Prizes will be awarded up to fifty dollars ($50.00 USD)
- Second Place Prizes: Eight (8) Second Place Prizes will be awarded up to fifty dollars ($50.00 USD)
- Third Place Prizes: Eight (8) Third Place Prizes will be awarded up to fifty dollars ($50.00 USD)
The Contest begins on August 19, 2016, at 12:01:00 a.m. UTC and ends November 14, 2016, at 11:59:59 p.m. MST (“Contest Period”).
Link for More Information: