Asian Pacific Community Fund (APCF) is pleased to announce the “Royal Business Bank Scholarship Program”. The program is available to all major’s high school seniors who are planning to attend college as a full-time, degree-seeking student in the fall of 2017. Royal Business Bank is committed to supporting economically-challenged youth, presiding in their business service territories to fulfill their dreams of obtaining higher education. The APCF is offering 20 Scholarships each of $1,000 that can be used only to cover the cost of attending the US accredited 4-Year College/University of California or Nevada Community College.
Asian Pacific Community Fund (APCF) was founded in 1990 by API community leaders in response to the need for alternative funding for Los Angeles-based non-profit organizations serving API communities. Their mission is to cultivate philanthropists to invest in organizations that empower underserved Asian and Pacific Islanders (API) to prosper by building healthier communities, developing API leaders, and creating a stronger API voice.
- High school seniors who reside in Los Angeles County, Orange County, Ventura County and Clark County-Nevada
- Plan to attend a U.S. Accredited 4-Year College/University of California/Nevada Community College as a 1st-year student in the Fall of 2017 (if selected, must submit college acceptance letter for verification)
- Have a minimum cumulative un-weighted high school GPA of 3.0
- Have a household income at or below the County Low Income Level (must be able to show 2015 or 2016 tax return should applicant be selected for award)
- The scholarship is open to all majors and there is no ethnicity requirement
- Employees of Royal Business Bank and their immediate family members are not eligible to apply
How to Apply:
In order to apply, the candidate may submit online application and recommendation form through the given links:
- Online Application- https://apcf.wufoo.com/forms/2017-apcf-scholarship-application/
- Online Recommender Form- https://apcf.wufoo.com/forms/2017-apcf-scholarship-recommender-form/
- Online recommender form
- Upload official high school transcript
- Write online essays on the following question:
- In 500 words or less, explain why you chose your area of study and what you hope to accomplish in your future career.
- In 500 words or less, describe your most memorable community service experience and how it has impacted you and those you served.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
20 Scholarships of $1,000 each are available for high school seniors. The scholarship award can only be used to cover the cost of attending a U.S. Accredited 4-Year College/University of California/Nevada Community College. This may include tuition, fees, books, supplies, living expenses and meals.
The application submission deadline is due on Wednesday, March 29, 2017, at 11:59pm.Awardees will be notified no later than June 30, 2017.
Link for More Information:
For more information, contact at scholarships-at-apcf.org or (213) 624-6400 ext. 6.