IEEE Computer Society is offering Richard E. Merwin Student Scholarship to graduate students, and those in the final two years of an undergraduate program. The scholarship was created in honor of the late Richard E. Merwin, past president of the IEEE Computer Society, to recognize and reward student leadership. It is intended to recognize and reward active student volunteer leaders in student branches or chapters who show promise in their academic and professional efforts. IEEE Computer Society awards $40,000 in student scholarships.
The IEEE Computer Society is the world’s leading membership organization dedicated to computer science and technology.
- Graduate students and those in the final two years of an undergraduate program in electrical or computer engineering, computer science, or a well-defined computer related field of engineering who are active members of a student branch or chapter are eligible.
- IEEE Computer Society membership is required. (Note: Students applying for the award should have a minimum one year in which to complete their degree, or be considering or enrolled to immediately start further study upon completion.)
- Applicants are required to have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 / 4.0 (or exam marks of at least 60%), and be a full-time student as defined by his or her academic institution during the course of the award. Student winners of the Computer Society’s Richard Merwin or UPE/CS award for the previous year (13 months) are not eligible
How to Apply:
- Applying for the scholarship, that candidates can download scholarship application form through the given link: https://www.computer.org/cms/Membership/pdfs/MerwinScholarshipTemplateFINAL_042815.docx
- Applicants should complete a cover page with the following listed:
- Applicant Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Member Number
- Institution Address
- Student Branch Code
- Student Branch Chapter
- Chapter Code
- Chapter Advisor
- Degree track
- Photo(s) (of work you have done with your chapters or other CS-related accomplishments)
- Transcripts and Letter of Recommendations must be submitted
Complete and email the final copy as a PDF or WORD file (Typo on application do not send ZIP file) to Eric Berkowitz: e.berkowitz-at-computer.org
- IEEE Computer Society is offering a total of $40,000 scholarship amount. Over a dozen scholarships of $1,000 and up are available, for one academic year (approximately 9 months).
- The selected winners of this award will have the opportunity to serve as IEEE Computer Society Student Ambassadors for the particular IEEE region to which they belong.
Application deadline for the Richard E. Merwin Student Scholarship is September 30, 2016.
Link for More Information: