Grab your camera, recruit your friends, and submit your video for a chance to win $10,000 and other great prizes. The 2017 Operation Prevention Video Challenge is sponsored by the DEA Educational Foundation to middle and high school students who are at least thirteen (13) years of age at the time of entry. The program is open to legal U.S. residents and enrolled in 9th through 12th grade at a public, private, parochial, or home school located in one of the fifty United States.Operation Prevention’s mission is to educate students about the true impacts of opioids and kick-start lifesaving conversations in the home and classroom.
The DEA Educational Foundation was established in 2001. It is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to preventing drug abuse.
- The DEA Operation Prevention Video Challenge (“Contest”) is open to legal U.S. residents who are at least thirteen (13) years of age
- Students are enrolled in 9th through 12th grade at a public, private, parochial, or home school located in one of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia, at the time of entry and when prizes are awarded.
- Employees, officers and directors of Discovery Communications, LLC (“Sponsor”), its promotional partners U.S. Department of Justice Drug Enforcement Administration (“DEA”) and the DEA Educational Foundation, Promotion Mechanics, Inc. (“Administrator”), their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers, and the immediate family members (spouse, siblings, and children, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors (collectively, “Contest Entities”) are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
How to Apply:
During the Submission Period, Participant(s) and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) may register for the Contest by moving through the given website link: https://operationprevention.com/user/register?destination=/competition/video/enter
- Create an original 30 to 60-second public service announcement video which sends a message about prescription opioid misuse and heroin use that would make students’ peers think twice about using heroin or misusing prescription opioids (the “Entry Video”).
- All entrants are required to include, as the last slide of the video, the DEA Operation Prevention Video Challenge call to action slide asset that may be downloaded by https://operationprevention.com/sites/operationprevention.com/files/Challenge%20Materials/Operation_Prevention_Challenge_End_Screen.jpg
- Any Entry Video that does not include this slide at the end of the video may be subject to disqualification, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Do not include any brand names, trademarks or logos in the Entry Video, other than those owned by Discovery or DEA (the “Provided Elements”).
- Participant(s) must work independently on the development of their video concept and must record their Entry Video with minimal help or direction from others. Participant(s) are not required to appear in their Entry Video.
- Apart from the Provided Elements, Participant(s) must have the exclusive rights over all aspects of the Entry Video, including any ideas, language, content, images, text, graphics and/or other materials used in the Entry Video.
- The Entry Video must be at least 30 seconds long but not longer than 60 seconds long and must be submitted in English.
- Entrants must not engage in any violent, dangerous, or illegal behavior in creating an Entry Video
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The Prizes: 1st Place: $10,000, 2nd Place: $5,000, 3rd Place: $1,000
- People’s Choice prize: a 2-day trip to Washington, DC including a day at the Drug Enforcement Administration’s Training Academy in Quantico for an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of DEA training.
- 1st-3rd place prizes are provided by the DEA Educational Foundation. People’s Choice prize is provided by the DEA. Approximate retail value of the Trip Prize is $1,200 per participant.
- The top 10 finalists will be added to an online poll for the public to determine the People’s Choice Award.
The entry submission period begins at 5:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on December 6, 2016, and ends at 8:00 PM ET on March 28, 2017.The winners will be announced on or about May 18, 2017.
Link for more Information:
If you have any additional question, email us at OperationPrevention-at-discovery.com