The New York Water Environment Association (NYWEA) is now offering applications for the‘Environmental Career Scholarship’. The scholarships are available to high school seniors who are enrolled in a full – time bachelor’s degree program with an environmental emphasis. The mission of the NYWEA is serving the best interest of the public by promoting sustainable clean water quality management through science, education, and training.The organization will offer a total of twelve (12) $2,500 scholarships and two (2) major scholarships ($10,000 and $5,000) in 2017.
The New York Water Environment Association, Inc. (NYWEA) was founded in 1929, by professionals in the field of water quality as a non-profit, educational organization. Association members helped lead the way toward existing state and national clean water programs. T
The Major scholarship recipient must be:
- A qualifying high school senior
- A New York State resident
- Enrolled full-time in a B.S. or B.E. degree program with an environmental emphasis/ emphasis on public service.
To be eligible for one of the $2,500 scholarships:
- A total of twelve (12) scholarships will be awarded in the general high school, student chapter, and children of member categories.
How to Apply:
To apply for the NYWEA Scholarships, Interested candidate can submit online application by the given link: http://nywea.org/scholarship/ScholApp.cfm?app=1&Mode=Add
- Attach a scanned copy of your unofficial transcript in .pdf format.
- Two Letters of Recommendation- Obtain recent Letters of Recommendation from a minimum of two different individuals (one must be from a teacher/professor, the others must be from someone not related to the applicant)
Write two essays based on the following questions (limit your entry to 600 words):
College Students & High School
- Describe your interest in the environment and how this interest influences your career goals.
- Discuss a current environmental issue that impacts your life AND YOUR COMMUNITY and indicate how it affects you.
For Major Scholarships
- It has been said that water is the most precious commodity which we have. Describe what personal efforts and initiatives you might take or have taken to help ensure the protection of this resource for future generations.
- What actions have you taken to affect or initiate change with respect to the environment?
- Describe how your career choice would positively impact the environment.
Candidate can send two letters of recommendation directly to:
NYWEA, 525, Plum Street, Suite 102, Syracuse, NY 13204
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The NYWEA Offers $45,000 in Scholarships:
- Total of twelve (12) $30,000 scholarships ($2,500 each scholarship)
- Two(2) major scholarships in 2017:
- $10,000 (Major) Environmental Career Scholarship Application
- $5,000 (Major) Nicholas J. Bartilucci Environmental Scholarship
Candidate can submit completed online application no later than February 28, 2017. Awards will be announced by June 20th.
Link for More Information:
If candidate have any query, contact at Theresa-at-nywea.org