The National Institutes of Health (NIH) is pleased to announce the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Undergraduate Scholarship Program. The program is open disadvantaged backgrounds students who are committed to careers in biomedical, behavioral, and social science health-related research. NIH seeks to improve health by conducting research in its own laboratories and by funding the research of other scientists throughout the United States and around the world. The program will award up to $20,000 per academic year in tuition with educational expenses and reasonable living expenses.
The National Institutes of Health (NIH), headquartered in a suburb of Washington, D.C., is a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, an agency of the Federal Government.
You must meet all of these requirements in order to be eligible for admission into the UGSP.
- U.S.A. citizen or U.S.A. permanent resident
- Enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a full-time student at an accredited 4-year undergraduate institution located in the United States of America
- Undergraduate University Grade Point Average of 3.3 or higher on a 4.0-point scale or within the top 5 percent of your class
- Having ‘Exceptional Financial Need’ as certified by your undergraduate institution financial aid office (Federal Register: 80 FR 3236) – see table (updated 8 December 2016).
How to Apply:
The online application will open on January 3, 2017, for the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Undergraduate Scholarship Program.
- Unofficial transcripts and if candidate matriculate into the UGSP they will need to provide official transcript(s)
- Three reference & recommendation letters
- Financial Need (EFN) form has been sent to the UGSP
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The NIH UGSP will pay up to $20,000 per academic year in tuition, educational expenses, and reasonable living expenses to scholarship recipients. Scholarships are awarded for 1 year and can be renewed up to 4 years. The program offers:
- Scholarship support
- Paid research training at the NIH during the summer
- Paid employment and training at the NIH after graduation
- January 3, 2017 – Application opens
- March 14, 2017 – Application deadline
- March 28, 2017 – Letter of recommendation deadline
Link for more Information:
If you have any question, Email at ugsp-at-nih.gov