The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) annually awards scholarships to high school senior, undergraduate, graduate student or doctoral student. The NIAF invites those with a love for Italy and a passion for our heritage to become a part of growing and vibrant organization. The NIAF receives over 4,000 scholarship applications each year and depending on funds. Awards between 70 and 100 scholarships range from $2,500-$12,000. Each scholarship award can only cover tuition and university-provided room and board.
The National Italian American Foundation is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization. NIAF is the major advocate in the Nation’s Capital for nearly 25 million Italian Americans, the country’s fifth largest ethnic group.
- Be a member of NIAF or have a parent or guardian who is a member of NIAF.
- Be enrolled in a US accredited institution of higher education for fall 2016.
- Have a grade-point average of at least 3.5 out of 4.0 (or the equivalent). Students that are a part of a pass/fail system are also welcome to apply.
- Be a United States citizen or a permanent resident alien.
- For the NIAF Scholarship Program, to be “Italian American” the student must have at least one ancestor who has immigrated from Italy.
- No immediate family members of the NIAF Board of Directors, Regional Vice-Presidents, Area Coordinators or staff are eligible for NIAF scholarships.
How to Apply:
- Create a new NIAF membership, or choose renewal if your membership has expired and you wish to renew your account. The link is: http://www.niaf.org/memberships/join-the-niaf/
- After becoming member of NIAF, you are required to register yourself through the given link: https://niaf.awardspring.com/
- After registration process, you can complete scholarship application form
Between 70 and 100 scholarships will be given. Scholarship awards range from $2,500-$12,000 and are awarded to undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate, medical, and legal students.
The scholarship is closed now. The next scholarship cycle period is December 1, 2016 – March 1, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you still have questions about the on-line application, contact scholarships-at-niaf.org for an immediate response or call (202) 939-3114.