NASCAR and Chevrolet is excited to announce annual NASCAR Chevrolet Diversity Scholarship Contest. Through this contest, NASCAR and Chevrolet continue their longstanding commitment to Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) education and promoting opportunities for college students pursuing technology-related careers. The contest challenges students to identify a technology or innovation within NASCAR and explain how STEM professionals came to its design in 90-second videos. Four winners will receive a total of $20,000 in scholarships and a VIP experience at Texas Motor Speedway during the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup race on November 6, 2016.
The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for the No. 1 form of motorsports in the United States.
- The NASCAR Diversity Scholarship Contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia
- Between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of entry
- Students in good standing currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at an accredited college or university within the United States,
- Have or create a free account on the YouTube platform.
How to Apply:
To be applying for scholarship, the candidates must follow the given guidelines:
- Create a 90-second video that demonstrates one technology used in NASCAR, an issue it resolved, and how STEM professionals came to its design. Examples include but are not limited to track banking, safer barrier walls, drafting, gas mileage, tire wear, ethanol fuel, solar energy, etc.
- Entrants may describe a technology that is already in existence or propose a new technology that might tackle a STEM issue in NASCAR racing.
- Post your video to YouTube, then, during the Contest Period, enter online by visiting the website: http://chevyscholarship.nascardiversity.com/home/PostForm
- Fill out the registration form with your first name, last name and e-mail address, and provide a link to your video on YouTube.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- All four (4) winners will each receive a trip for winner and one (1) guest to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series™ Texas 500 race (“Race”) at the Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, Texas on November 6, 2016. Retail value of the Trip is $2,000 each.
- In addition to the Trip, the First Prize winner will receive a college scholarship of $10,000. The Second Prize winner will receive a college scholarship of $5,000. The two (2) Third Prize winners will each receive a college scholarship of $2,500.
Contest begins at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 25, 2016, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on October 15, 2016 (the “Contest Period”).
Link for More Information: