The National Association of Black Journalists is pleased to announce their continued partnership with Comcast NBCUniversal for the NBC News Group Summer Fellows Program. Applicants must have a serious interest in pursuing a career in broadcast journalism and be student members of NABJ. All the internships are located in 30 Rockefeller Center, with the exception of the placements at CNBC, which are located in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. NBCUniversal will offer a $2,000 housing stipend and opportunity to join NBC programs.
The National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) is saddened by Tamron Hall’s departure from NBC. The mission is to strengthen ties among African-American journalists, promote diversity in newsrooms and honor excellence in the media industry
- Applicants must have a serious interest in pursuing a career in broadcast journalism.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled as sophomores or above and on track to receive a bachelor’s degree or advanced degree from a college or university.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Only U.S. citizens or permanent residents may apply.
- NBC News will determine which student will be placed within each of the shows, but students can inform NBC News of their preferences.
- Applicants must be student members of NABJ.
How to Apply:
The candidates must complete the online scholarship application form. The link is given below: https://thenabj.wufoo.com/forms/rew0aw0o15m32/
- In 150-200 words, state why you want to pursue a career in broadcast journalism and what you hope to gain from the experience
- Fellows may be featured on either NBCUniversal or NABJ’s website, social media, or other marketing materials
- Biography (100 words or less)
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- NBCUniversal will offer fellows the opportunity to join one of the following NBC programs for summer 2017 as interns:
- America’s #1-morning news program, The Today Show
- The top-ranked evening program, Nightly News with Lester Holt
- Our primetime long form news program, Dateline
- Our 24 cable news channel, MSNBC
- Our top rated business news cable channel, CNBC
- Students will be paid hourly for 10 weeks and must be willing to live in New York City or its environs for the duration of the internship. NBCUniversal will offer a $2,000 housing stipend available for candidates who reside outside a 50 mi. radius from our Tri-State Area offices.
Deadline for submitting the application is February 24, 2017 (11:59 P.M. EST).
Link for More Information: