The National Association of Black Accountants, Inc. (NABA) is offering three types of scholarships named as NABA National Scholarship, Corporate Partner Scholarships, and NABA Member Scholarship Awards. The national scholarship program is open to the undergraduate or graduate students in the field of accounting, finance, or business students. The mission of NABA, Inc. is to address the professional needs of its members and to build leaders that shape the future of the accounting and finance profession with an unfaltering commitment to inspire the same in their successors. Winning candidates will receive 50 national scholarships annually ranging from $1,000 – $5,000.
About The Organization:
The National Association of Black Accountants (NABA, Inc.), is a nonprofit membership association dedicated to bridging the opportunity gap for people of color in the Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Information Technology and other related business professions.
Students must meet ALL of the following criteria to be eligible to receive an award
- Be African-American (Black) or of African descent.
- Be an ACTIVE Student Member of NABA.
- Be currently enrolled at a four-year United States college or university as a full-time (12 semester hours or equivalent), undergraduate freshman, sophomore, junior, or first-year senior accounting, finance, or business major or be a full-time graduate student (9 semester hours or equivalent) enrolled or accepted into a masters level business program. Current high school students are not eligible.
- Must have an overall grade point average of 3.3 or higher, and must have a major grade point average of 3.5 or higher.
How to Apply:
Candidates can apply only online for the scholarship. Through the given link:
- A clear copy of Student/Permanent Resident Visa (only if applicant is not a United States citizen)
- Updated Resume.
- One Letter of Recommendation: Must be a member of the accounting/business faculty at your college/university or from a non-relative who is familiar with your academic and/or professional performance (i.e. employer, advisor, etc.). Letters must be current and on Letterhead. Letters must be uploaded to the online application.
- A personal biography of 75 words or less.
- Professional Headshot: Upload must consist of 3 different photos. Each photo should be named using the following format: last name first name_1; last name first name_2; last name first name_3
- An Essay Response of 500 words or less .Describe why you chose your major and the ways you will embody NABA’s motto, “Lifting as We Climb.”
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The National Association of Black Accountants offers an average of 50 national scholarships annually ranging from $1,000 – $5,000.
The scholarship application accepted to January 31, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at scholarships-at-nabainc.org