The Lincoln Memorial University believes that one of the major cornerstones of meaningful existence is service to humanity. Hence, the Lincoln Memorial University is pleased to announce its Graduate Assistantship for graduate assistants. To be eligible, the candidate must apply or currently enrolled in a graduate program with a GPA of 3.0 or above. The purpose of the LMU is providing a values-based learning community as the context for teaching, research, and service. The winning candidates will receive up to 18 credit hours of tuition assistance per academic year. The amount of benefit depends on department/school budgeted allocations and requirements of the position.
Lincoln Memorial University is a private institution that was founded in 1897. It is a private four-year coeducational liberal arts college located in Harrogate, Tennessee, United States. “Mission Statement- Lincoln Memorial University takes great pride in the cultural and ethnic diversity of its students”.
- Students who are currently enrolled in a graduate program with all requirements completed for admission to degree candidacy and who have received less than 36 credit hours of tuition assistance in graduate assistantships.
- Graduate assistants are required to maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above to remain in good academic standing.
- Before applying for a graduate assistantship, an applicant must have applied for enrollment in a graduate program.
How to Apply:
- To apply for a graduate assistantship, students must complete the application through the given link: http://lmu.trademarkads.org/public/uploads/financialaid/forms/GA%20Application.pdf
- Graduate Assistantship Renewal Application (This application is only for students who have previously applied or held a graduate assistantship position.): http://lmu.trademarkads.org/public/uploads/financialaid/forms/Renewal%20GA%20Application%20Form%202016-2017_rev.pdf
Two character reference letters (non-relative)
- The candidate may submit two character reference letters (non-relative) to- the Office of Academic Affairs, Duke 201.
- Letters must be signed by the person providing the reference or be sent with application to-: Kristy.Bay-at-LMUnet.edu from the person’s email address. Lincoln Memorial University, Duke 201 Attn: Graduate Assistantship Program 6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway Harrogate, TN 37879
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Students who are awarded a graduate assistantship position can receive up to 18 credit hours of tuition assistance per academic year.
- The amount of benefit depends on department/school budgeted allocations and requirements of the position. Students may receive no more than 36 credit hours of graduate assistantship benefits.
- Employee dependents do not receive tuition remission for graduate studies. As a result, employee dependent students are eligible to be graduate assistants and receive tuition benefit.
Graduate assistantship applications should be submitted by the following dates: July 15, 2017, for full academic year, November 15, 2017, for spring, and April 15 for summer.
Link for More Information:
For questions or more information, contact: 423.869.6299 or kaley.chitwood-at-LMUnet.edu