The Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Integrated Pest Management program is hosting the sixth annual Crop Scouting Competition for Iowa Youth. The purpose of the contest is to provide students an opportunity to learn crop scouting and principles of IPM for corn and soybean and to obtain knowledge and skills helpful in future careers related to agricultural and environmental sciences. The competition will be a one-day event focusing on outdoor learning. Award amount as $500 for 1st, $300 for 2nd, $150 for 3rd, $50 for 4th will be given to the winning candidates.
Iowa State is an international university with a friendly welcoming personality. Iowa State offers a great environment where students can enjoy reaching their potential and discovering their passions.
High school students (those completing grades 9-12) from Iowa are invited to compete and showcase crop scouting abilities in corn and soybean.
How to Apply:
• For applying the contest, you should complete the registration form that can be downloaded through the given link: http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/files/page/files/2016%20Crop%20Scouting%20Competition%20Details.pdf
• A registration fee of $50 is required. This fee will be refunded when the team attends the competition.
You can submit form in one of the following ways:
• Fax: 515-294-9420
• Mail: Adam Sisson, 351 Bessey Hall, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011
• Email: ajsisson-at-iastate.edu
• $500 for 1st, $300 for 2nd, $150 for 3rd, $50 for 4th will be given.
• Each participant will also receive a free event t-shirt.
• The top two teams will be invited to the regional competition, held near Ames, IA on August 31.
Return the completed form by July 1, 2016.
Link for More Information: