The International Foodservice Editorial Council (IFEC) is now accepting applications for its annual scholarship program from the students who have experience and/or education in the combination of food/foodservice and the communication arts. Through the scholarship program, IFEC strives to increase awareness and understanding of career opportunities available in the field of foodservice communications and to encourage the entry of qualified individuals into the field. The number and amounts may vary. Awards are range in amounts of $1,500 – $4,000 and are dispersed in July of the award year.
IFEC is a non-profit membership association. Its 250 members include writers and editors, public relations and marketing communications professionals, educators and consultants working within and with the foodservice media.
- A combination of your work experience and education should indicate that you are preparing for a career in writing or public relations within the foodservice or food and beverage industry. This is a key requirement.
- You must be a full-time college student enrolled as of March 15, 2017, working toward an associate’s, bachelor’s or master’s degree. Enrollment must be in an accredited post-secondary educational institution in the U.S. Expected graduation date must be no earlier than January 1, 2018.
- You should have a strong academic record, good character references and demonstrate financial need.
How to Apply:
- For applying the scholarship, the candidates must complete the application form. Form can be downloading through the given link: http://www.ifeconline.com/view_document.cfm?pk_document=467
- For apply the scholarship applicants must write an essay limited 500 words per question and applicants may be attached answers on a separate sheet(s).
- What would you consider to be your ideal job?
- What skills and experiences do you have that you think would contribute well to a possible career in food/foodservice communications?
- What has inspired you to pursue foodservice (or food) communications as a career?
- A transcript of your current or last year of study must accompany your application.
- Two letters of recommendation from a supervisor, teacher, advisor or other food/foodservice or communications professional familiar with your skills must be included with your application.
- Essay questions may be answered on a separate page.
- Applicants may either mail or email the complete application packet to the below address:
P.O. Box 491 Hyde Park, NY 12538
- Email completed application to ifec-at-ifeconline.com.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The number and amounts may vary. In recent years, four to six awards in amounts of $1,500 to $4,000 have been granted.
The deadline for all receipt of application material is March 15th.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at: ifec-at-ifeconline.com