Goi Peace Foundation is offering International Essay Contest for Young People. This annual essay contest is organized in an effort to harness the energy, creativity, and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. It also aims to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world. This annual essay contest is organized by the Goi Peace Foundation. This year’s theme is “Learning from Nature”. First prize, second prize and third prize worth of 100,000 Yen, of 50,000 Yen and certificate & gift respectively.
The Goi Peace Foundation is dedicated to fostering a sustainable and harmonious global society by promoting consciousness, values, and wisdom for creating peace, and by building cooperation among individuals and organizations across diverse fields, including education, science, culture and the arts.
Anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2017) in one of the following age categories:
- Children (ages up to 14)
- Youth (ages 15 – 25)
How to Apply:
- The candidates must write an essay on the theme “Learning from Nature”. Modern civilization has developed through controlling nature and exploiting its resources. At the same time, we human beings are part of the natural world, and nature has many things to teach us. Scientists, philosophers, poets, and artists have all found inspiration in nature. What can we learn from nature, and how can we make use of that learning for the future? Please describe your ideas, including your own observations and experiences.
- Individual people can apply online through the given link: http://www.goipeace-essaycontest.org/individRegForm.php
- School or organization can apply online through the given link: http://www.goipeace-essaycontest.org/teacherRegForm.php
- Essays must be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, excluding essay title and cover page. Essays may be typed or printed.
- Essays must have a cover page indicating (1) category (Children or Youth) (2) your essay title (3) your name (4) address (5) phone number (6) e-mail (7) nationality (8) age as of June 15, 2017 (9) gender (10) school name (if applicable) (11) word count.
- Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group.
- Enclose a list of participants’ names, ages and the name and contact information of the submitting teacher or director.
- Entries missing any of the above information will not be considered.
- The organizer is unable to confirm receipt of essays or answer individual inquiries concerning contest results.
- Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
- Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizer.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
- 1st Prize: Certificate, prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$880 as of Feb 2017) and gift … 1 entrant
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$440 as of Feb 2017) and gift … 2 entrants
- 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift … 5 entrants
- Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift … 25 entrants
Entries must be received by June 15, 2017 (23:59 your local time).
Link for More Information:
For inquiries concerning the International Essay Contest for Young People, please contact essay-at-goipeace.or.jp