The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) is providing free online course named as” Supply Chain Fundamentals”. The course is aimed to learning the fundamental concepts of logistics and supply chain management from both analytical and practical perspectives.
The main objective of this course is to develop and apply analytic tools, approaches, techniques that will helpful to the design and operation of logistics systems and integrated supply chains. MITx places a strong emphasis on the development and use of fundamental mathematical models to illustrate the underlying concepts involved in both intra and inter-company logistics operations. The course will start on 11 January 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 13 weeks
Effort: 8-12 hours per week
Institution: Massachusetts Institute of Technology ( MITx)
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Starts on January 11, 2017
Massachusetts Institute of Technology is a coeducational, privately endowed research university, founded in 1861. The University is dedicated to advancing knowledge and educating students in science, technology, and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century. Through MITx, the Institute furthers its commitment to improving education worldwide.
- High School level algebra and basic mathematical manipulation
- Familiar with undergraduate probability, statistics, and calculus
About This Course
This free online course introduces the tools, approaches, and techniques used in the design and operation of logistics systems and integrated supply chains. The course is helpful to learn about transportation planning, management, and execution. The language of the course is English.
Supply Chain Strategies are the critical backbone to Business Organizations today. Effectively control of inventory and visibility of inventory gains importance as a key factor of Supply Chain Management function.
How to Join This Course
You can sign up by the given link to join this free on-line course: https://courses.edx.org/register?course_id=course-v1%3AMITx%2BCTL.SC1x_3%2B1T2017&enrollment_action=enroll&email_opt_in=true
The main topic areas that will be focus on this course are:
- Demand Forecasting, Planning, and Management
- Inventory Planning, Management, and Control
- Transportation Planning, Management, and Execution
Why Take This Course
- Advantages: You will learn fundamental concepts for logistics and supply chain management from both analytical and practical perspectives, after completing this course.
- Certificate: You will also receive an instructor-signed certificate ($150) with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects. Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn.
- Incorporate and manage uncertainty and risk within supply chain managements
- Segment different customers, products, and channels and design an optimal portfolio of logistics approaches and strategies for these various segments
- Identify, design, and implement the appropriate forecasting methodology for each segment
- Identify, design, and implement the appropriate inventory replenishment policy for each segment
- Select the optimal transportation routing and modal choice for each segment
Dr. Chris Caplice: Director, MITx MicroMasters Program in Supply Chain Management Silver Family Research Fellow. He is also Executive Director, MIT Center for Transportation & Logistics (CTL) MIT.
You should have basic knowledge of high School level algebra and basic mathematical manipulation, familiar with undergraduate probability, statistics, and calculus.
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you are interested, you can also join MicroMasters Program(s) names as Supply Chain Management. The link is: https://www.edx.org/micromasters/mitx-supply-chain-management
- The course “Supply Chain Fundamentals” enhances your foundational skills for supply chain management and logistics.During this course you will learn Inventory planning, management, control and you will make heavy use of examples from industry to provide illustrations of the concepts in practice.
- You can buy an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link: https://www.edx.org/course/supply-chain-fundamentals-mitx-ctl-sc1x-0